First post, first knife

I've been lurking here for the last 3 months learning all I possibly could before I started this full tang, 1080 carbon steel blade produced with a filing jig, sandpaper, and hand tools. I'm not going to list the names of the people that I took inspiration, guidance, or techniques from to save them the embarrassment of being associated with my first blade, but suffice it to say that if you've got a post, or even a helpful comment in a post, on the WIP page then you've been an enormous part of my project. Several members here have some great YouTube channels that have been extraordinarily helpful as well. Thank you all!

I can list about 200+ things I've done wrong (WHITE epoxy that I mistakenly believed would dry clear being at the top of that list) but so long as I learn from my mistakes and try not to repeat them I consider them a good thing. The biggest thing I've taken away from my first project is patience, or rather my lack thereof. While reading through WIP posts I had to continually remind myself to look at the post dates. Mr. Patton's sword comes to mind. I rushed things and I know it.

It's my first time, be gentle.

(Also, my phone may or may not be a potato.)

iYcMnUH.jpg

Be proud of that knife. You made a knife with your own two hands. Not many people can say that. Enjoy it!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really enjoyed the process. I'm working on a higonokami style knife now...just have to find the time.

I like it ! Nice clean design . Especially the finger guard looks good , ready to work . Need to see photo of side ,too.

Back