First post - Help in identifying Camillus knife

Mods,

As far as I can tell, I'm adhering to the rules of the forum, so please feel free to move this post or delete if I've misunderstood something!

I'm trying to identify this knife that I recently purchased from Wally World. It's a fixed blade Camillus Titanium knife, but that is the end of what I know about it. The tag said "Seize II" which I know is incorrect because that is a folding knife.

From what I can tell, the handle is G10 and likely what they call "Coyote Brown." It came with a nylon sheath with a belt clip.

Does anyone own this, or know what it is? I've searched Camillus, Walmart, images, Acme United, and other locations to no avail. Thanks!
IMG-6802.jpg

That's a modern knife and doesn't really fit the description of "Traditional", IMO!!:eek:
Sorry about your struggle, but the knife is better searched elsewhere!!

That's a modern knife and doesn't really fit the description of "Traditional", IMO!!:eek:
Sorry about your struggle, but the knife is better searched elsewhere!!

Certainly don't mean to argue on my first voyage out, but I checked before I posted. From the sticky thread:

"We tend to have some tolerance when it comes to fixed blades. But, new designs with features such as glass breakers, are not included in this forum.

We give leeway on materials of construction. So if you have a nice stockman with G10 covers, it's traditional enough for us. After all, plastics have been used on knife handles since the 1800's. Stainless steel has been used in cutlery since the 1920's, so stainless is considered traditional. And even though PM alloys are new developments, that fella in the mid-1960's would never know the difference if he were looking at the knife, so they are OK, too."

Have I misread? Again, there's really no way to respond without this sounding confrontational--I don't mean it to be. As far as I can tell, this is a pretty normal drop point knife with a G10 handle. I'll give you that the holes near the spine are somewhat unusual, though.

Modern import from China, nothing to do with the original Camillus company.

Yes I believe you are not in breach traditional sub forum guidelines...however its more the vibe of the thing...its not the kind of knife the porcheteers are generally interested in...that said if someone here knows anything I'm sure the info will be forthcoming. I think you will be more likely to find your answer in General........ooooh see ...there y go.:)

Thanks, SteveC. I'm aware that it's not exactly an heirloom. I'd still like to know what the model is. It's become something of a mission for me.

From a quick search I think these knives don’t have their own model name per say but they were included as part of a set. Search for Camillus Tripack and Quadpak to see what I mean. I wonder if Walmart had a set returned after being opened and they just sold the items off separately.

Yes I believe you are not in breach traditional sub forum guidelines...however its more the vibe of the thing...its not the kind of knife the porcheteers are generally interested in...that said if someone here knows anything I'm sure the info will be forthcoming. I think you will be more likely to find your answer in General........ooooh see ...there y go.:)
Fair enough. I'll see if I'm able to relocate the thread.

From a quick search I think these knives don’t have their own model name per say but they were included as part of a set. Search for Camillus Tripack and Quadpak to see what I mean. I wonder if Walmart had a set returned after being opened and they just sold the items off separately.
You nailed it! Thanks!

Some Walmart's sell a two bladed Ozark Trail traditional pocket knife that is made by Camillus. Its just Ozark Trial branded. They use a 3cr13 steel which in my opinion isn't a bad steel. It'll get sharp quick and hold and edge pretty well.

No worries Mate...we like to help/expound our collectively vast knowledge.....but beware! I started here in 2006 with similar questions......and I never left...
Yes many of us that have come seeking answers, but oddly the thing we found wasn't in the answers we sought. The thing we found is the reason we stay,a rare place amongst the interwebs, indeed a rare thing in any form. A sanctuary in in a maddening world, how little some may know that a kind word here has been a shining star in dark days. To say nothing of the genuine generosity and friendships shown to what essentially are strangers. I too came seeking answers to questions about knives, but have found answers to questions unasked.
Sorry got carried away rambling, got a bit sentimental there I did:oops:

Some Walmart's sell a two bladed Ozark Trail traditional pocket knife that is made by Camillus. Its just Ozark Trial branded. They use a 3cr13 steel which in my opinion isn't a bad steel. It'll get sharp quick and hold and edge pretty well.
Well maybe sourced by the same Chinese manufacturer , but Camillus no longer exists and isn't making anything these days.
Just a shameful use of the name that once stood for greatness.

Back