First Run of BK62's to Be Released

8hlT1g9.jpg

Love it!!! Feels very much like a piece of history in your hand. Thanks much to Ethan Becker for making this knife happen.

I just got notification that my Tomar’s order has shipped. Anybody else?
I just got an email this evening as well. I was thinking "virus" as I didn't know where Moores NY is and I was expecting the BK-62 a month from now. Had to find out where Tomars is located before I would open the link. Well, looks like it's on the way.

Now you know why I didn't cancel my order. I found it hard to believe that the second batch wouldn't be around for essentially a 1.5 months....

Funny I almost started a thread “ When is the second run coming out”. Or “Dear Santa I’ve been very good this year please deliver my Kephart before Christmas”.

I also have shipping notification!

I just got notification that my Tomar’s order has shipped. Anybody else?
Now you got my hopes up. They said I was #4 on the second round and if i'm not mistaken they told you that you were #14. But I haven't heard anything from them.

The # is not something I would even bother a knife dealer asking about. I have no idea what number I was, but the knife is on its way to me now. I'll probably get it and want another one. It happens. But I will probably resist that urge unless it's to be used as a present. A year from now.... maybe? I want to use it a bit and frankly my fixed blade use (need) is minimal overall. But I still love them regardless.

Edit Friday: Tracking shows the package going into New England versus south toward Tennessee with multiple stops. Something screwy going on with the package route. Don't know if I believe the estimated delivery of Monday based on the route so far. Lots of predicted snow and weather it will have to travel through this weekend....

Looked at a map again, the package is in fact going in a southerly direction.

Last edited:
Well I held out as long as I could, but scoring one from Tomars for what ended being a bill, it was too good to pass up. Told myself I would pull the trigger at that price, but didn't expect it to be so soon.

Thank you Tomars.

Now my wait begins....

Last edited:
Nice. I have not been back to their website. I think they had quite a few "pre-orders" that were backed up. It is good to see that they shipped and hopefully Monday I will have mine. But we'll see? As I said, the tracking is really unusual with it going north rather than south and very sketchy info at that. I'll check again later to see if it is headed in the proper direction with the next tracking update.

A while ago I had a moment of "terror". I opened the USPS link and it said "delivered". I'm thinking, no way. It was in CT earlier today. I went to the mail box to check just in case and no small package. Then I checked again on the email and I opened the wrong email. Still a long way from here unless they aren't updating the tracking which of course happens a lot when the USPS is busy.

Last edited:
Back