First Run of BK62's to Be Released

I believe that was an overt suggestion for a future product. :)
I asked and it is a wish not a reality. The knife actually makes some sense to be part of the Becker line. This is how it all starts however. When Ethan obtained the Kephart, my first thought was Ethan is going to have Kabar make one for him. It happened. That original Kephart was one hell of a business expense!

Last edited:
Worked on the 62 mod a bit last evening. Grinding is slow going.

I think I'm more excited about the release of the upcoming BK62 Companion, I hear it is a little more compact and has about a 3 1/2" length blade. It'll be great for EDC when you don't need the full size with a 5" blade.

Santa hasn't confirmed the release but I did write him about it and he did say he would mention it to Ethan.

i'd be very interested in that! over the years i've started gravitating towards lighter and smaller belt/neck knives (mora 510 is my goto woods knife now which has a 3.75" blade) since 99% of the time i have my h&b forge tomahawk with me as well to do the heavy lifting.

the bk62's blade length will take some getting used to. my first impression was whoa! the blade is too long and it felt like a sword to me, haha...but then again if it was shorter it wouldn't be a close replica of the original.

Worked on my finished mod tonight, haha. Still can't get one thing to look like I want it to.

CAMPanion :D not Comp ;) only 30 years to get it right :D

though it once was CAMP-PANION

Nothing spectacular really.
Thatโ€™s all right, youโ€™re just making it your own and thatโ€™s pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Iโ€™ve been polying my dyed red scales. Itโ€™s been fighting me every step of the way. :confused:

Thatโ€™s all right, youโ€™re just making it your own and thatโ€™s pretty cool. :thumbsup:

Iโ€™ve been polying my dyed red scales. Itโ€™s been fighting me every step of the way. :confused:
Hoping KA-BAR will sell scales for this knife.

Okay, it's as good as it's gonna get. Hopefully the sun will cooperate, and I can post photos later on today.

well, there goes your excuse, then! ;)
Haha, working on another mod. Actually, modding a former mod. Kinda goes with the 62. ;)

Have all next week off, and the wife and I are headed to the cabin. Game on with the 62. ;)

Kinda surprised KA-BAR doesn't have the BK62 listed on site yet.

Back