First Run of BK62's to Be Released

I've not received an email saying I'm number whatever of 36. I ordered the same night KA-BAR posted that it would be released. John from Tomars told me I was in the initial 36 though.

I remember that comment too, I think it was one of the ones either when Ethan mentioned the BK62 or when the mocked up pictures were being thrown out there with the edited knives.

I think the models available would be part of the cool thing to look into. TBH, I'm using a bit of the self reliance website as a reference point here but there are a few tradesman and trap (fixed blade) models that could be cool, except ditch the scandi grinds. I think the BK5 is pretty close to what would be a french or english Traders knife so something like that with the wood and leather layout. Probably not too much different the the tweeners, really.

The hudson bay would be pretty sweet and I think right in line with the becker theme. You're completely right on the bowie. He already has the kuhkri covered. A machete could be interesting though I'm not sure how much. A bolo is a favorite of mine but I think the BK4 pulls on that a bit as there's a similar theme between the bolo and kuhkri with the forward recurve, just less pronounced. Not sure an ulu makes sense but certanly a useful design. I think a beckerized tomahawk could be really neat. The schrade sharpfinger design could be interesting as I feel like that's a bit of an American traditional pattern, and I'm trying to think of things that are "Americanized" to some extent. So we could get this knife, a good book, and make some connections to what the pioneers and adventurers used and what we have and draw some connection. Of course, when we look at utilitarian nature of many things, they probably used whatever they could get their hands on.

I did some scouting on things pioneers, Lewis & Clark, and similar historical situations I can think of and the cleaver gets mentioned a few times. The butcher knife is mentioned a lot and that's almost too obvious and what the nessmuk is based off, from my readings at least. Then it's the basic hunting knives which would fall into the trader's knives mentioned above. A bird & trout/paring knife is one that was common that I don't see in the becker line, though I don't think the BK17 is too far off. Something like the condor primitive mountain knife seems like a pattern I could see being similar to this, I'm just not sure what the pattern is. It's almost a puukko, almost a B&T, just a simple design with a little bit of belly and straighter lines that I assume are a little easier to make back in the day. That one has the look of some of the images that came of for pioneer knives in a google search.

Looking at the becker line, I think another thing that could be missing is something with a long trailing point and a lot of belly. This is kind of the sharpfinger idea and what I think a hunting/skinning knife would fall under. Maybe the marbles woodcraft design would fit that bill nicely and was inline such a product line.

Last thing I can think of without digging too much more is a seax type of knife that I think would've traveled over with some of the viking adventurers. Maybe that's where a puukko type of pattern would make it to North America also. Leuku would be similar in that regard.

When I made my "Becker" parang in a previous thread....
The seax was actually the first thing I thought of, and I dreamed of putting a hilt on it...
I'd Love a long blade with That point!

Warrior I emailed Tomars and talked to a lady named Barbara, thatโ€™s where I got my info from.

Would you suggest all of us potential early buyers contact them/Barbara?

I got a initial estimated ship date, I wonder now....if That's good enough? I'd love to know my "number" too. I'm sure I'm close to last....

True. I think Knifecenter showed pre-order as well for the same price as BHQ. Haven't seen it pop-up anywhere else yet in case I missed Tomar's 1st 36 (haven't seen an email about ship date yet).

I've not received an email saying I'm number whatever of 36. I ordered the same night KA-BAR posted that it would be released. John from Tomars told me I was in the initial 36 though.
I just have an invoice with no ship date.
IMG_3654.JPG
Got to have a pic to look at at least :D

I just realized that the 62 only has a 4.5" handle. Probably gonna be too short for me. Saving grace though, is that the handle is straight, so it may still work out.

I just realized that the 62 only has a 4.5" handle. Probably gonna be too short for me. Saving grace though, is that the handle is straight, so it may still work out.

I bet you won't have a problem forwarding that if it doesn't work out but it would certainly be nice if it fits. It does seem like the broomstick type handles feel longer since your fingers can slide forward and back a bit, IMO at least.

I bet you won't have a problem forwarding that if it doesn't work out but it would certainly be nice if it fits. It does seem like the broomstick type handles feel longer since your fingers can slide forward and back a bit, IMO at least.
It'll probably work out, I'm guessing. That was the problem with the tweeners for me, too short, as you can see in the photo:

It'll probably work out, I'm guessing. That was the problem with the tweeners for me, too short, as you can see in the photo:

I think you're right on the money. That hump at the butt has gotten a lot of people with big hands. I'm fortunate to where it makes it really nice but I have med/large which is what about 95% of knives are designed for I think.

Does anybody have the ESEE pr4, and still plan on buying the BK62? (I know stupid question) I'd like your impressions of it too

Just curious about their differences in feel?
I guess we don't know yet...
I initially wanted one, but now....idk?
I'm hoping the Becker Is better!

Would you suggest all of us potential early buyers contact them/Barbara?

I got a initial estimated ship date, I wonder now....if That's good enough? I'd love to know my "number" too. I'm sure I'm close to last....

you could i suppose, contact them, but i'd probably not, unless say after say the 19th or so, if you didn't get it, you're not getting it early.

Scheduled delivery:
Wednesday 11/14/2018 by end of day

Picked up
LOWELL, AR

Want to know when your package will arrive?
See your estimated delivery time with FedEx Delivery Manager.

imp_H_172048_73.193.124.63.gif

From
Rogers, AR US

To
SPOKANE VALLEY, WA US
Where did you order from if I may ask? I live in that area. Wondering if I can pick one up right away.

Back