First Scandinavian style (sheath added)

Blade is hand-forged by Maihkel Eklund of AEB-L 65mm, handle is ivory G10, black micarta and stabilized dyed maple burl from Arizona Ironwood. Rough shaping was done on my new 1"x30" belt sander then finished with files and hand sanded with some TruOil.
Thinking of doing a traditional sheath with wooden insert, have never done one before and am wondering if they are worth the trouble for a using knife or if I should just go for a simple black leather sheath. What do you guys think?
Spent quite a while designing the handle but when it was done found my design too fat so had to work it down by feel.
Next will be a Puronvarsy and a Paul Strande. One will have a really nice block of masur birch burl, though I haven't decided whether to stabilize it first or not.
Your thoughts and suggestions on this or the next ones are welcome.
Me1.jpg Me2.jpg Me4.jpg Me5.jpg

Thanks,
Josh

Interesting handle concept. I've been thinking of similar on a knife a friend has asked me to build. Thanks for posting.

By the way, I have the fat handle problem too. always seem to have to work them down.

Great knife!
Perhaps design a “foot” into your scabbard to accentuate the pronounced bent pommel of that handle.
Google images of “samekniv” for ideas of what that foot might look like.

Thanks Lieblad, I'll have to look into doing that on the next one. I haven't decided if it'll be the Paul Strande or the Puronvarsy

Back