First Spyderco

loc

hello, new to forum. Looking to buy my first spyderco at 52 years old. What is the lowest cost model(s) that are still made in USA and say Golden Colorado on the blade?

The PM2 fits my hand a much better, but the lightweight Para 3 seems like it could be a real winner. I just want a better steel on it.

I believe the least expensive Golden knife is the UKPK. It doesn’t look like much at first, but it’s a great little knife. I’ve been very impressed.

I believe the least expensive Golden knife is the UKPK. It doesn’t look like much at first, but it’s a great little knife. I’ve been very impressed.
Thanks. But I believe I want a locking knife vs slip blade.

I think the paramilitary 2 is one of the best values in the entire Spyderco line. Its liked by all and doesn’t disappoint.

I’d probably go with a PM2 as well. It’s the Spyderco most people think of when they think of Golden. I’m more of a Manix 2 fan, but I did buy a PM2 first and I don’t regret it in the least. If you’re looking for something smaller, the PM3 may be a good choice as well.

5828678F-40F1-4811-816E-8E113C9A3459.jpeg Manix 2 LW. I have several of the Manix and I have tried other Spyderco’s but keep coming back to the Manix. The LW is very comfortable to carry.

View attachment 1099238 Manix 2 LW. I have several of the Manix and I have tried other Spyderco’s but keep coming back to the Manix. The LW is very comfortable to carry.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think this one is a bit large for my needs. Looking for an edc that will be used for some light everyday cutting. Open boxes, open mail, cutting some veggies, but also for personal protection is need be. I wish the delica 4 was “golden”

Not out yet but the Para 3 LW is looking to be the least expensive locking folder followed by the Manix 2 and the Native 5. I did exclude the Rescue/Atlantic Salt models but it also fits into the low end of the Spyderco price spectrum.

Thinking Native 5 lightweight or the para 3 lightweight. I would love to find one in the exchange but seems you have to be in that every second of the day to claim a knife to purchase. Lol. If I don’t see one on the exchange where is the best place to buy new? Any discount coupons?

Native 5 in g-10 and s35vn was my first spyderco,but it's about $150 so I would recommend the lightweight native 5 which is about $90. Also one in lc200n steel now I just wish it didn't have yellow scales.

I forget the list of paid BF dealers but check out and compare the prices of any of them as well maybe check out any local Knife and/or Gun shops. I know some of the BF dealers off hand are BladeHQ, KnifeCenter, DLT Trading, & GP Knives.

Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight is a great knife. Carries small in the pocket and can be pushed into harder work than you will likely need.

I ordered my 1st Spyderco yesterday. Not the lightweight but the G10 version of the Native 5. I was seriously contemplating the two and almost went with the lightweight. I may get the lightweight as well once I break the news to the wife that another knife is coming.

I ordered my 1st Spyderco yesterday. Not the lightweight but the G10 version of the Native 5. I was seriously contemplating the two and almost went with the lightweight. I may get the lightweight as well once I break the news to the wife that another knife is coming.
Who has the best price.

Back