First Spyderco

I ordered my 1st Spyderco yesterday. Not the lightweight but the G10 version of the Native 5. I was seriously contemplating the two and almost went with the lightweight. I may get the lightweight as well once I break the news to the wife that another knife is coming.

Congrats but this will NOT in all likelihood be the last Spyderco you will buy. ;)

I’m down to FRN VS G10 for lightweight as well as less pant wear and down to Narive 5 or Para 3. Wish I had a local store to ya see them.

Who has the best price.
Not sure on that one. I just happened to have a 10% off from OpticsPlanet and a gift card I needed to use so I bought from them. Cost me $89 and some change for the G10 model.

Another question sorry?

The para 3 lightweight has CTS-BD1N steel vs Native 5 S30 or S35vn steel. Is the CTS a lesser desirable steel?

I read BD1N is similar to 440c which i have on my hunting buck 110 knife.

BD1N is typically in a tier below S30/S35VN but by no means is it a bad steel. I am not sure what to compare it to but if you have been happy with a Buck 110 in 440C then I don't think there will be any real complaints about a knife in BD1N.

Hi loc,

'Round here I like to say "No betta, All good, just different". I think it's a more effective mindset. All steels are different, better at some things, less in others. Eg; Some steels are better at being rust resistant, some better at edge holding, some better at toughness, some better at being inexpensive, etc.

sal

Hi loc,

'Round here I like to say "No betta, All good, just different". I think it's a more effective mindset. All steels are different, better at some things, less in others. Eg; Some steels are better at being rust resistant, some better at edge holding, some better at toughness, some better at being inexpensive, etc.

sal
Thanks Sal. Just having a hard time deciding on a one of your models. For a newbie at spyderco it’s quit confusing. Well I’m old too that I’m a slow learner and research the shit out of things to make it more complicated.
Between Native 5 Blue lightweight 110v or para 3 lightweight but really don’t want to wait for para 3 and don’t want g10 due to weight. And “Golden Colorado” a must or would just get a delica 4.

Trying to buy something on the exchange is a joke. If you don’t see it in 3 minutes someone buys it. It’s pretty much a waste of time looking on there.

Well I really want a Spyderco. Had it narrowed down to a couple of knifes. Issue is no one in the Pittsburgh PA are carries them and since my first one I want to touch and feel and hold them before I purchase so I make the right decision. I’m not a collector and not interested is buying and selling looking for a daily edc and a USABLE knife. With that said I may start looking at benchmade as several retailers carry those around the area and these are USA made as well as the “golden”.

Well I really want a Spyderco. Had it narrowed down to a couple of knifes. Issue is no one in the Pittsburgh PA are carries them and since my first one I want to touch and feel and hold them before I purchase so I make the right decision. I’m not a collector and not interested is buying and selling looking for a daily edc and a USABLE knife. With that said I may start looking at benchmade as several retailers carry those around the area and these are USA made as well as the “golden”.
Have you checked with Big Buck's Sportshop in Wexford by any chance? Not sure if they have them but it may be worth a call if you haven't. They are my go-to place around here. Small place but a helpful group of guys.

Have you checked with Big Buck's Sportshop in Wexford by any chance? Not sure if they have them but it may be worth a call if you haven't. They are my go-to place around here. Small place but a helpful group of guys.
I’ll check them out this morning.

At the very least, maybe they would know where you can get your hands on one. I dont know, just an idea. Good luck!
Only had benchmarks. Handled the bugout and liked it. Handled the griptilian or maybe it was the mini. Not bad neither.

Back