First time buyer

ron finkbeiner jr

Gold Member
What would be a good folding model to start off with? It would be an edc folder and I have 2xl hands. I was looking at the large Inkosi or the Umnumzaan. What would be ya'lls choice and why? Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Last edited:
I have an unnumzaan that I recently purchased. It's a beautiful knife, but I find it a bit large for my taste. It sounds like it might be a perfect knife for you though!

The Umnumzaan was my first, and still my favorite.

The opening motion was/is intuitive to me, although on occasion a new ‘Zaan owner seems to struggle with it. I love the firm but muted thug the O-rings provide when it locks open.

Aesthetically, i love the look, be it drop point or tanto; that harpoonish peak along the spine coupled with the grind are awesome.

I'm a fan of the Inkosi, would choose that of the 2. But you can't go wrong with either.

I am an Inkosi (or Sebenza 25) and Umnumzaan fan. I prefer both of these handles over the Sebenza 21. Since I got my Umnumzaan it has been in my pocket every day. You can't go wrong with either.

This is my choice, why, I couldn't decide ;)

Gfa5ZtC.jpg

Unless you can find some to sample in person I'd say a coin toss is in order.

Having only handled the Umnumzaan I can't say which model I prefer in hand, but going on looks alone I prefer the Boss.

My hands are massive. I carry both an Inkosi and a Zaan. The Inkosi is comfortable but the grip locks you in (not a bad thing). The Zaan for me is more neutral. I love both but the Zaan wins for me.

Back