• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

First time! Going to Ohio... Where and around to buy knives?

Going for the first time to the states!
Will be in Cleveland Ohio for work, and got a 3 days off before flying home.

Any good stores for folders in Cleveland?

Also: what other cities nearby would you recommend going to for a night or two that have good knife stores?
Want to buy some CRK and maybe Microtech.

Feel a bit stupid, but I think its really hard to plan which cities that are within ”reasonable” distance (regarding going by bus/train and then flying back home from Cleveland).

Thankfull for any help!

hmmm Cleveland. I dunno. I don't get up that far. You may just need to do a quick google search when you get there. I live in Indiana, but Cleveland is like a 6 hour drive, so I only pass through from time to time.

Fin Feather Fur on Bagley Road in Middleburg Heights. Prices are high but they have a good selection. BM, Spyderco, Kershaw, Case, Buck, etc. That may be about 20 mins from CLE.

That's the only place I know that sells good knives. I used to work down the street from the place.

Fin Feather Fur on Bagley Road in Middleburg Heights. Prices are high but they have a good selection. BM, Spyderco, Kershaw, Case, Buck, etc. That may be about 20 mins from CLE.
That's the only place I know that sells good knives. I used to work down the street from the place.

Thanks! Will look up!

Am I crazy considering going for a day to Columbus, Pittsburgh or Detroit? Longer than I think?

Any knife stores in those areas?

You'll drive 3 hours to Columbus, 2 hours to Pitt, and 3.5 to 4 for Detroit. I wouldn't make the trip but that's me. ;)

Or is it maybe worth going to Toronto? They seem to have some knife stores. Stop by Niagara falls.

Is it OK as a tourist in the states to cross over to Canada just like that? And to bring back knives?

Don't bother going to Detroit. I live outside Detroit.

There is a Cabelas in Dundee, MI about 30 mins north of Toledo. Typical Cabelas pricing. Some decent, some not so good.

Otherwise, the gun shops, hardware stores (mainly Case), and Army/Navy surplus places are priced high.

Fin Feather Fur has some neat food items, clothes, guns, and all kinds of hunting stuff. It may be worth the trip just to get some hats, or clothes, or beef jerky, or whatever. Good selection of Carhartt gear too. I've bought at least 3 knives from them over the last 5 years at almost retail price, as well as a Glock 43. :)

In cleveland, there is a finn feather and fur in the suburbs that someone already mentioned. For IN cleveland, flower city gift shop in asian plaza on 30th and payne is an authorized benchmade dealer and has spydercos and a few more decent knives as well as all the stuff youd expect in an asian gift shop. Its a super cool store, but there are more good optuins at finn feather fur. But there is so much character in flower city,.not to mention the best asian restaurant in town is right next to it(li wah). Enjoy your time in cleveland.

As far as visiting other cities, I dunno about knives there, but Pittsburg is a very cool, cultured, beautiful unique city and is only about 2 hrs or so.

I am in columbus ohio and the only knife store I know of that carries high end knives is rivers edge cutlery, check out their web site at riversedgecutlery.com. Love going to that store, they carry all kinds of benchmade, microtech, spyderco, heretic, and many more. It's my go to place when I'm feeling another otf. When asked to handle a knife they even take it out of the case and place it on a nice black felt pad holder just like at a jewelry store, very high class

I work at a different location of Fin Feather Fur. Our prices have actually changed over the past year or so. Almost everything is at MAP now :)

I work at a different location of Fin Feather Fur. Our prices have actually changed over the past year or so. Almost everything is at MAP now :)

I'm gonna have to head over to the Middleburg store and see how the prices are. They always had a great selection. Thanks man.

I'm gonna have to head over to the Middleburg store and see how the prices are. They always had a great selection. Thanks man.

No problem! The selection is normally a bit slim this time of year. The orders from Shot should start rolling in by the end of the month though!

Back