• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the forum would just be spammed with posts like “Awesome!”, “Nice knife”, “Cool”, ““, and whatever else takes zero effort or true contribution. Just gotta hit they 50 post mark....
I understand that, but that's what I mean about it being easy to figure out who is just "post whoring". There's no easy answer to this problem, but if the mods ban 'em as soon as they are caught...? who knows.

Perhaps BF should implement a new rule that says nobody can buy/trade until they have at least 50 legitimate posts. Or, pick a number.. whatever the group thinks is enough posts to show their true intent. Post whores should be easy to spot.... none of these flippers have more than one or two posts on any forum that doesn't involve buying selling trading.

That seems to help filter out certain types.
They have to post substance and not race to meet post requirements to weed
out the insincere. Posts with one word "cool" "nice" "awesome" won't survive long

If you are a member, you usually know who the regulars are. Its not difficult. Some folks really only have posts in the buy/sell area and contribute nothing of value to the conversation.

Right. There’s a solid group that sticks it out day to day and knows when something is off. I don’t participate as much as I used to but I still read a lot and keep up to date. There’s new names that even I pick out pretty easy as people who are just here for the exchange.

I understand the allure of the exchange here. Maybe some of the “exchange only” members prefer to discuss the knives on other forums or platforms, and doing it here would just be double duty. Ok, that’s fine, but those members shouldn’t get pissed when they get labeled as such so that the core members here can still pass knives around to each other.

When I joined the forum, the Trad. Exchange was more like a store pass around. Knives were sold all the time for fair prices and normally many members got to have their turn for the rare ones. It’s ridiculous now. Still fun though!

Well, against my better judgement, I am going to enter the fray and try enlighten some as to why I am a member here. I have always carried a pocket knife, but never was a collector. Started with a Case stockman in the 70s and later used Buck, Schrade, Sog and a few other lockback style. I bought about 20-30 Case knives from a buddy about 10-15 yrs ago, but still didn't have that bug. I now have a 6yo grandson that I wanted to build him a collection that we could enjoy together and something to remember me by. I bought a few more newer Case knives and then I heard about GEC. Once I was able to buy one, I was hooked. That journey started last June 2019 and now I have what my family calls an addiction or obsession with buying so many knives. I never heard of Bladeforums either until a short time later someone mentioned it on one of the many FB groups I belong to. I checked it out and found a place where there are a great more opportunities to buy the knives I was looking for. After a few purchases I decide to buy a membership to have privileges that came with it. I have bought over 200 knives since then. GEC, Northwoods, Sak, Queen, S&M and a few others. I have bought most of those on BF and several from some of you on this thread. I am a buyer, trader and collector. I do this now because I enjoy it and it consumes a lot of mine time. Too much, my family and friends say.
I know this is becoming a novel and some have quit reading by now, but wanted to give some insight into my story. I only know some real names because I have paid them through PP. I chose to use my real name as my screen name and perhaps that was a mistake, but i didn't have nothing to hide. I don't know any of you personally and have only met one in person, Spark. I assume you know him as the owner of BF and lives in my hometown and I went to his new store here to pick up a knife i bought from him on here. I belong to several FB groups where I got started and have made many new knife friends and had many discussions about the knives we all love. At least on there, I can see their face and name and where they live and not just some made up screen name. So I spend most of my time on there and not so much on here. So if that makes me a bad guy and not a true member of your community and shouldn't be allowed to use the knife exchange in future, I guess I will have to live with that. I have plenty of knives already. Sorry again for the long post and I hope to do business with some of you in the future. If not, stay safe.

Last edited:
3 Fingermac lost his BF Membership for selling on other sites on a REGULAR BASIS. Mostly on Ebay and AAPK. I see Fishin1635 and Varenik both do the exact same thing. I won't sell to either one of them anymore.

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

Looks like the BF rules that applied to 3fingermack would apply to them.
Mac wasn't banned for flipping, he was banned for his continued deception.
Thread closed... @MP95B20 is no longer with us.

After discussing this issue with another Super Mod, it's been determined that BF's would be better off without this member.

Repeatedly posting inaccurate descriptions on another site, claiming to be an authorized Dealer on another site when you're not... does have its consequences.

Below is from BF's Exchange/Site rules.

SECTION 3 - Rules for Everyone -

6. These forums operate on honesty and integrity. As such, we have a dim view of people who act dishonestly. Your actions in the community have consequences, even if they happen elsewhere, something to keep in mind.

Here's a link to the thread if you're interested and you don't have to worry about selling to @Varenik, he's been removed from BF's :cool:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/current-ebay-flipper.1665009/

I apologies... I obviously ruffled some feathers in the community. I am not a dealer. I am a collector with an addiction that has grown since the Covid-19 pandemic. I’ve had a lot of time on my hands and simply fell in love with collecting more GEC’s and Northwoods. I have several Case pocket knives, Michael Praters and Bulldogs that I’ve collected over the years that I wish to sell but don’t see them on the exchange to often mainly GECs and customs. I’ve collected knives from many sources and found it very appealing when I found the knife exchange. Needless to say my pocket book has gotten very light... I guess it’s better than wasting it on alcohol and drugs and I’ve had my problems with those in the past so I’ve found other ways to occupy my time but I’m definitely addicted to knives. I see them come up for sale in the exchange and I can resist. I’ll back off the exchange... by the way I want to let you know that I will be posting my 1st sales thread with GEC's Schatt & Morgan, Maher & Grosh & Case Classics. I really love my knives and may let go of some more in the near future but I'm holding onto the ones I love for me and my son for now but I find that my taste changes over time and I might do some trading in the future. I have a lot of anxiety from all the hate mail but I do respect the bladeforum community and understand your questions, comments and concerns. I don't know you very well, but I will do my best to earn some respect. I'm in tears writing this.... I'm so sorry! Best wishes "stay tough n cool"

Ya...I can respect that too...

But, do you have an ebay store that you sell knives from the exchange off of on a regular basis?
Just trying to figure stuff out...not meaning to cause anymore anxiety.

fishin1635 fishin1635

Last edited:
Ya...I can respect that too...

But, do you have an ebay store that you sell knives from the exchange off of on a regular basis?
Just trying to figure stuff out...not meaning to cause anymore anxiety.

fishin1635 fishin1635
Don't forget the AAPK storefront too...:rolleyes:

fishin1635 fishin1635
As you have seen here "flippers" get sniffed out quickly here especially in the traditional sales section (tight group). You sound sincere and that means a lot. Your post history tells a lot about you and it does get checked. The best thing to do here is get to know people and let them get to know you. The folks on the traditional forum are a great bunch and I'm sure you will be welcome. This is only my 2 cents,take it for what its worth.

Thing is...I really don’t care if a knife I want gets snagged up quickly. If you have the time to be checking BF everytime something gets posted...good on ya.
The thing that bothers me is when someone snags up knives quickly only to turn around and sell them on the bay for a profit.
Buy as many knives as you can to check out! I encourage it. But if they arent for you, post them back here with the enthusiasts. You will gain a lot of respect that way.
Heck mark them up $10 to cover shipping for all I care.

This post isnt directed at anyone in particular...just my thoughts.

I apologies... I obviously ruffled some feathers in the community. I am not a dealer. I am a collector with an addiction that has grown since the Covid-19 pandemic. I’ve had a lot of time on my hands and simply fell in love with collecting more GEC’s and Northwoods. I have several Case pocket knives, Michael Praters and Bulldogs that I’ve collected over the years that I wish to sell but don’t see them on the exchange to often mainly GECs and customs. I’ve collected knives from many sources and found it very appealing when I found the knife exchange. Needless to say my pocket book has gotten very light... I guess it’s better than wasting it on alcohol and drugs and I’ve had my problems with those in the past so I’ve found other ways to occupy my time but I’m definitely addicted to knives. I see them come up for sale in the exchange and I can resist. I’ll back off the exchange... by the way I want to let you know that I will be posting my 1st sales thread with GEC's Schatt & Morgan, Maher & Grosh & Case Classics. I really love my knives and may let go of some more in the near future but I'm holding onto the ones I love for me and my son for now but I find that my taste changes over time and I might do some trading in the future. I have a lot of anxiety from all the hate mail but I do respect the bladeforum community and understand your questions, comments and concerns. I don't know you very well, but I will do my best to earn some respect. I'm in tears writing this.... I'm so sorry! Best wishes "stay tough n cool"

Hi. I’m the one who started this thread. I hope you didn’t get hate mail like you said- I don’t mean any distress, but whatever I stated in this thread I stand by.

You said that you are buying multiple knives.... honestly it doesn’t matter why, that’s nobodies business. But you do have a pretty professional looking store set up on AAPK. And I’ve seen GEC bought from here listed on your eBay store marked up for profit. It makes most of us to assume you’re doing this for profit and nothing else.
Especially when you have not contributed in any way.

Essentially, you saw the sales forum as an opportunity to grab sought after knives and you have offloaded them on other sites for profit.

The reason why you haven’t sold any back to the Traditionals forum (until tonight) is because you know nobody will pay your marked up prices like on eBay.

I do appreciate your first sales post, that’s a great start.

I find it odd that after 10 pages of comments, two of the accused "find" it at the same time, and come in with "explanations" that sound almost identical...
sorry, and I'm likely just being a curmudgeon... but, fool me once, shame on you...

I have a mental list of those I consider to be flippers, and I will not sell any of my knives to them, initially. If I post a knife, and it doesn't sell for a day or so, I might consider a sale to a flipper... or I might just go list it on the bay myself.

I guess you are referring to my post I made because fishin1635 followed mine with a post. I was never mentioned in this thread previously and have never been labeled a flipper by name anyway. I only spoke up because of the comments about people that primarily use the exchange and don't participate in the other sub-forums. I don't sell knives on ebay or AAPK. I have resold knives on the exchange just as many of you have as well. I was only trying to shed some light on why some of the newer members here, like myself (1yr) came to find the exchange very helpful in acquiring knives that are hard to find otherwise. If you don't want to sell to me, that's fine and if I am put on some members "do not sell to" list, then that's fine with me also. I can't control what others think or do. I didn't just find this thread, but when it changed from flipping to changing the rules to not allow newer members the opportunity to use the exchange unless active in other areas, I gave a different opinion. But I guess that is discouraged here.
I find it odd that after 10 pages of comments, two of the accused "find" it at the same time, and come in with "explanations" that sound almost identical...
sorry, and I'm likely just being a curmudgeon... but, fool me once, shame on you...

I have a mental list of those I consider to be flippers, and I will not sell any of my knives to them, initially. If I post a knife, and it doesn't sell for a day or so, I might consider a sale to a flipper... or I might just go list it on the bay myself.

You did not address any of the main issues brought to light by this thread. Whatever else you say and/or do doesn't matter until you explain the behavior this community has a problem with.

I guess you are referring to my post I made because fishin1635 followed mine with a post. I was never mentioned in this thread previously and have never been labeled a flipper by name anyway. I only spoke up because of the comments about people that primarily use the exchange and don't participate in the other sub-forums. I don't sell knives on ebay or AAPK. I have resold knives on the exchange just as many of you have as well. I was only trying to shed some light on why some of the newer members here, like myself (1yr) came to find the exchange very helpful in acquiring knives that are hard to find otherwise. If you don't want to sell to me, that's fine and if I am put on some members "do not sell to" list, then that's fine with me also. I can't control what others think or do. I didn't just find this thread, but when it changed from flipping to changing the rules to not allow newer members the opportunity to use the exchange unless active in other areas, I gave a different opinion. But I guess that is discouraged here.
I am pretty sure what most people have a problem with, at least in your case, is that you are so obviously only here to "score" nice knives, whether for your own 'personal' use, or for flipping... whichever. As far as I remember, you never join in any conversations, you never have any input into discussions (unless it's about buying a knife).... in other words, you are not a member of the community, and have made no effort to become one. The old saying "I'm only here for the beer" applies..... and that irks a lot of people. The exchange was INTENDED to be that.... an exchange... for members of this forum/community to buy/sell/swap amongst the community, at reasonably normal prices... many times, reduced prices. Heck, if all we wanted was a profit, we'd all list them on the 'bay and make a LOT more money for them.

What you "buyers/flippers" have done is turned it into a "for profit only" kind of place... and that sucks.

My two cents worth.... take it for whatever it's worth to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back