• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want anyone to get banned simply for making a profit. The Covid factor cuts both ways. Some people are sitting on money that they can't spend on vacations, etc. On the other side, if I'm out of work and sitting on some knives that I bought at retail five years ago, I might decide it's a good time to sell some to pay my bills.

The point of this thread, is that someone who scours the listings in order to grab a good deal, with the intent to flip is a dealer. As I've understood the rules, that person needs a Dealer Level membership to sell here on BFC. The question might be: should an ebay dealer need that same level membership to buy here?

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

The point of this thread, is that someone who scours the listings in order to grab a good deal, with the intent to flip is a dealer. As I've understood the rules, that person needs a Dealer Level membership to sell here on BFC. The question might be: should an ebay dealer need that same level membership to buy here?

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

Sadly, from what I understand, Spark Spark has decided that this (bold text in your quote above) is OK. :(

It's no different than some of the MEGA-buyer members here that snatch up other collectible knives (Busse, Carothers, Randall, CRK, Hinderer, etc, etc.), route them en-masse to a US-based freight-forwarder, and them ship them all off to some unknown Chinese local. Awhile back, I even started a thread about one specific member who was blatantly doing this (and admitted to doing it), which had folks on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately (IMO), the final decision was that it is an OK practice as long as they're not selling them here. o_O I don't agree with that decision, but there it is. :shrug: :poop:

Nobody should be using the Bladeforums exchange
to supply a store, online or otherwise, part-time or full-time, or as a hobby business. It's plain to see what these people are up to. They're not selling a private collection and happened to profit on some. Stupid we are not, so the bullsh***ers can save it. A simple apology and ceasing the behavior is all that was needed

fishin1635 fishin1635
You there?

I am getting more info from another member about a possible banned member whose been coming back under a new name- will post it when I get more info so we know who to avoid.

fishin1635 fishin1635
You there?

I am getting more info from another member about a possible banned member whose been coming back under a new name- will post it when I get more info so we know who to avoid.

That information should be given to the Admins right away so they can ban the new name. The Administration takes a dim view to people trying to sneak back in once the decision has been made that they are no longer welcome here.

Just questions, maybe page 10-12.. I can’t remember now. About why you didn’t just sell back to the forum since you’re a collector and not a dealer. Especially when there is a fishin1635 online shop on AAPK.

That information should be given to the Admins right away so they can ban the new name. The Administration takes a dim view to people trying to sneak back in once the decision has been made that they are no longer welcome here.

Mac is lurking around here with different usernames. He’s the one who says he’s a disabled vet and needs a better price, only to list it on eBay the day he gets the package for more than double- yes that’s a true story from an upstanding BF member.

So if you see a PayPal name of Steve McNatt That is him. Known to use handles: MP95B20, 3FingerMac and UeBayFlipper2.
He posts on AAPK, and mentioned in his WTB add months ago that he missed out on a certain knife over here on BF.

I don’t know if he’s a member here or not, but he also sold this knife for a grand (or at least it was listed as that and sold)

View attachment 1382958

eBay member Jusdu-4796 is member Justin Duvel: @Okie1980

he’s a know flipper from AAPK and other groups. His profile here shows that he has only made comments in the exchange.
He has purchased on BF exchange and posted on eBay.

at one point he had 3 blade forum 2019 knives. One currently for sale for $500 on eBay.
Let’s hope he doesn’t get on the list for a 2020 knife.

Last edited:

he’s a know flipper from AAPK and other groups. He’s profile here shows that he has only made comments in the exchange.

at one point he had 3 blade forum 2019 knives.
I believe the Trad.forum mods have a "No forum knife for you!" list.
Peregrin Peregrin

he’s a know flipper from AAPK and other groups. He’s profile here shows that he has only made comments in the exchange.

at one point he had 3 blade forum 2019 knives.

Thanks. I sold him a couple of inexpensive Cannon knives I modified a few months ago. I'd be surprised if he flipped those!

Mac is lurking around here with different usernames. He’s the one who says he’s a disabled vet and needs a better price, only to list it on eBay the day he gets the package for more than double- yes that’s a true story from an upstanding BF member.

So if you see a PayPal name of Steve McNatt That is him. Known to use handles: MP95B20, 3FingerMac and UeBayFlipper2.
He posts on AAPK, and mentioned in his WTB add months ago that he missed out on a certain knife over here on BF.
@MP95B20
@oldhand
@UeBayFlipper2
eBay 3fingermac

If you know Of any more handles Steve uses please post them so we can avoid the scumbag.

Sadly, from what I understand, Spark Spark has decided that this (bold text in your quote above) is OK. :(

It's no different than some of the MEGA-buyer members here that snatch up other collectible knives (Busse, Carothers, Randall, CRK, Hinderer, etc, etc.), route them en-masse to a US-based freight-forwarder, and them ship them all off to some unknown Chinese local. Awhile back, I even started a thread about one specific member who was blatantly doing this (and admitted to doing it), which had folks on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately (IMO), the final decision was that it is an OK practice as long as they're not selling them here. o_O I don't agree with that decision, but there it is. :shrug: :poop:
I'm not policing who is buying from here and selling off site. That's not my issue. Buying is open to everyone, selling is limited to those who support the site. The sellers can choose who they sell to here, and I wholeheartedly support you guys being selective who you sell to.

Maybe it's time to restructure the memberships and require a base membership to buy, higher level memberships based on how many transactions you do or plan to along with other benefits, or something along those lines. You could also collect personal information to better discourage unsavory buying and selling.

I am pretty sure that the 2020 knife will not have the same secondary market value that the 2019 forum knife did.

As much as I like GEC, it is a big detractor to use them for a "club knife" when you know that it will draw the vultures like nothing else.

It was refreshing to use Buck in 2018 and I suspect the same with using Viper this year. To be perfectly frank though, the Viper will definitely be a superior knife to the Buck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back