• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fishin1635 online store ? And Varenik* - Ebay flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not planning to write back and forth with you on this thread. I’ve explained myself and given my onions and hopefully gained some respect. So feel free to pick it apart, twist my words and be beat me up however you would like or feel free to call me out with @notifications in the thread or post shit on my profile page or ignore me that’s your right as a member. I think jealousy can drive a man mad and can drive a man to twist his thoughts and prerogative to the point of complete obsession over a thing or person. I’ve clearly did that with knives, but I can’t be the only one that is guilty of that. I’m sure in the hell not the only guy to have bought a knife from a distributor and turned it for a profit or one from the exchange. I can see your weeding out the flippers and trying to protect the community. It SUCKS… I got blacklisted in this thread… I don’t like you bbk357 bbk357 You’re a jerk for putting me in the same boat with Varenik but it is what it is… you got me out of the way. Which I’m sure was the goal. You’ve obviously won some kudos with your comrades. By the way, what is your real name??? I don’t want to run into you again or associate with you in the future. If you ever see me at future knife shows or you see me in person. Feel free to say hi I’ll probably shake your hand and can hopefully laugh about this someday. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. I’m just trying to earn it with the community but its not the end of the world. Shit its crazy out there right now in the world, I don't need to tell you that. For what its worth, I really enjoy the knives in my collection. My son and I have lots of fun with them. And I have fun sharing pictures and the limited discussions I've had so far.

Sincerely,

Ralph Nelson

Wow what a series of posts. I was with you until the last one. I’m ok with you not liking me, I’ll still sleep well tonight. I have not twisted your words, I think you’re doing a fine job of that yourself.
Don’t worry about associating with me or running into me at get togethers. My first knife was a traditional my grandpa gave me as a kid but I’ve only been collecting for a few years so I’m not active in the scene.
Enjoy that 77. I do dumb things in anticipation of Christmas. That 77 was followed by most of my northwoods collection.

For what its worth... @fishin1635 I don’t think that bbk357 bbk357 was maliciously trying to attack you. This is how we find out true intentions. This is a very close knit group of “sharp things” enthusiasts. We really do chat everyday about knives, think about knives, and discuss knives on a daily basis.

So when something sounds/looks fishy...this is how its done. In “public” and with good reason to question.

Hence why we appreciate your posts. Lets us know what kind of character you have. And whether you are honest.

Im guilty of being the guy who gives the benefit of the doubt too often...there are others here, who can see into the shadows quite clearly.

I think what’s a key takeaway here, is that the participants and Forumites here are trying to nurture our own. I hope that is understandable.

Say hi, meet some people, share some comments and post a picture or two. The Forum offers a lot. To join to just buy and sell kinda goes against the spirit of our community.

That said, as long as an individual follows all the set rules, it’s all good. But the fallout from the community is to be expected.

Namaste

:)

Looks as if we need to add Jeff Mitchell to the list of probable flippers. Just snagged one within a minute of posting with "take".... while other, long time members were wanting it, but this guy snatched it up immediately.... out of his 43 posts 40 of them are buying/trading. He had three posts about dying scales, quite a while back. Pretty clear what he's here for.....

I have been a member of this forum for a long time and specifically a contributing member of the traditionals section(go ahead, look it up) more than any other section.

I took a break for 2 or 3 years were I rarely checked in every few months. I went through a divorce before my pause here I sold a bunch of classic gec for barely any markup, sucks for me.

My life has changed since then and I have recovered and refound my passion for knives. In my absence a huge new force has taken over the knife community, facebook.

I participate on both outlets now. I use either for different reasons and the one thing this place has more than any other is information. The search function here is invaluable!

On my resurgence for this hobby and dare I say lifestyle, I got caught up buying any old pattern of GEC(what I collect) I could get my hands on. Most is still sitting in my drawer, some I have traded for other pieces that sit in my drawer or in my pocket, depends on the knife :) . Responding "take" is the only way to try and be first, just what it has evolved to. I encourage members to reach out to fellow members you trust and see buying up knives in the current market to gauge what it is worth these days. It seems to change constantly and like anything, some are much more desirable.

I can tell you on FB I get messages from members pointing out who bought what and from where and what they just sold it for, flippers get booted when the dust settles.

I personally (well as personal as possible with texting and phone calls) know three of the members now mentioned in this thread. Rick, fishin1635 and now JeffMitchel. I have personally had a transaction with 2 of them and the third I have chatted with and talked on the phone at length. None of them are flippers! I am guilty with them of getting caught up buying everything you can because, honestly, I *ucking can!

Just because someone is buying a lot, that does not make them a flipper. They are following the rules and while they apparently prefer to be active in the knife community on another outlets, it does not make them flippers! No rule says they have to post here, though it is encouraged and this thread helps point that out. I do believe they are all paying members here as well.

Unless new rules are enacted stating you have to have quality posts in the area you want to buy something from this is not going to change. You can make this a rule in your own for sale thread.

I encourage any enthusiast I meet to join here and read, ask questions. Some do and some dont.

I have been guilty of price policing and have learned to take a "who cares" attitude lately, the community will buy it or leave it and the prices will fix themselves.

My #1 rule with knife collecting, never take a loss! I have bought some very special and pricey pieces(some on here, some not) lately. Well over the $300,$400 and yes $500 mark. Why, I felt the knife was worth it and referring back to earlier I *ucking can!

I say all of this as hopefully a way to enlighten what is going on here and to stop some of the dog piling that lately(I read it often) gives this forum a bad taste in a lot of outsiders mouths.

If you truly care who gets your knife, search the WTB. Your buddy you message on here or have chatted in a thread with, offer him first. You dont have to sell on the exchange and you dont have to sell to anyone you dont want to if you add your own rules to your own thread.

It sucks we dont all hang out in the same place and some choose one or the other for whatever reason. But I promise the 3 I mentioned are true knife knuts and while they buy more than talk, that's not a crime here!

If I come across evidence that contradicts any of my previous statements on the before mentioned, I will add it for the community to read. But please stop assuming anyone only buying on here is automatically a flipper. We all love knives and share a common bond, message someone and get to know them! If you then suspect fowl play, bring it up to the proper moderater and make sure. How easy could someone misinterpret something you do and then drag your name through the mud? With no proof to boot (only posting in the sale section is not proof). Why we feel others need to justify what we see wrong is something I need to work on myself and I think I'm not alone.

Sorry for the long post and hope I have shed a little light.

Sincerely,
Jeff

I have been a member of this forum for a long time and specifically a contributing member of the traditionals section(go ahead, look it up) more than any other section.

I took a break for 2 or 3 years were I rarely checked in every few months. I went through a divorce before my pause here I sold a bunch of classic gec for barely any markup, sucks for me.

My life has changed since then and I have recovered and refound my passion for knives. In my absence a huge new force has taken over the knife community, facebook.

I participate on both outlets now. I use either for different reasons and the one thing this place has more than any other is information. The search function here is invaluable!

On my resurgence for this hobby and dare I say lifestyle, I got caught up buying any old pattern of GEC(what I collect) I could get my hands on. Most is still sitting in my drawer, some I have traded for other pieces that sit in my drawer or in my pocket, depends on the knife :) . Responding "take" is the only way to try and be first, just what it has evolved to. I encourage members to reach out to fellow members you trust and see buying up knives in the current market to gauge what it is worth these days. It seems to change constantly and like anything, some are much more desirable.

I can tell you on FB I get messages from members pointing out who bought what and from where and what they just sold it for, flippers get booted when the dust settles.

I personally (well as personal as possible with texting and phone calls) know three of the members now mentioned in this thread. Rick, fishin1635 and now JeffMitchel. I have personally had a transaction with 2 of them and the third I have chatted with and talked on the phone at length. None of them are flippers! I am guilty with them of getting caught up buying everything you can because, honestly, I *ucking can!

Just because someone is buying a lot, that does not make them a flipper. They are following the rules and while they apparently prefer to be active in the knife community on another outlets, it does not make them flippers! No rule says they have to post here, though it is encouraged and this thread helps point that out. I do believe they are all paying members here as well.

Unless new rules are enacted stating you have to have quality posts in the area you want to buy something from this is not going to change. You can make this a rule in your own for sale thread.

I encourage any enthusiast I meet to join here and read, ask questions. Some do and some dont.

I have been guilty of price policing and have learned to take a "who cares" attitude lately, the community will buy it or leave it and the prices will fix themselves.

My #1 rule with knife collecting, never take a loss! I have bought some very special and pricey pieces(some on here, some not) lately. Well over the $300,$400 and yes $500 mark. Why, I felt the knife was worth it and referring back to earlier I *ucking can!

I say all of this as hopefully a way to enlighten what is going on here and to stop some of the dog piling that lately(I read it often) gives this forum a bad taste in a lot of outsiders mouths.

If you truly care who gets your knife, search the WTB. Your buddy you message on here or have chatted in a thread with, offer him first. You dont have to sell on the exchange and you dont have to sell to anyone you dont want to if you add your own rules to your own thread.

It sucks we dont all hang out in the same place and some choose one or the other for whatever reason. But I promise the 3 I mentioned are true knife knuts and while they buy more than talk, that's not a crime here!

If I come across evidence that contradicts any of my previous statements on the before mentioned, I will add it for the community to read. But please stop assuming anyone only buying on here is automatically a flipper. We all love knives and share a common bond, message someone and get to know them! If you then suspect fowl play, bring it up to the proper moderater and make sure. How easy could someone misinterpret something you do and then drag your name through the mud? With no proof to boot (only posting in the sale section is not proof). Why we feel others need to justify what we see wrong is something I need to work on myself and I think I'm not alone.

Sorry for the long post and hope I have shed a little light.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Well said. When there's a status quo set by "the cool kids" that everybody is expected to adhere to, any group can lose quality people that did nothing wrong.

Well said. When there's a status quo set by "the cool kids" that everybody is expected to adhere to, any group can lose quality people that did nothing wrong.

It you have no content or context to add, please stop posting in this thread. I appreciate Jeffs post and it may shed some more light on things. But you running your mouth about “cool kids”, combined with your other posts really add nothing to this.

It you have no content or context to add, please stop posting in this thread. I appreciate Jeffs post and it may shed some more light on things. But you running your mouth about “cool kids”, combined with your other posts really add nothing to this.

Feel free to put me on ignore. If you don't want responses, don't post a thread.

Do you find it slightly hypocritical that you're demanding somebody leave the thread about transactions with other members whose private sales you weren't involved in but are angry about?

This thread started out naming members who take advantage of the BF exchange for their own financial gain. A big thanks to everyone that provided information for that to happen.

I feel that it has ran its course. Anyone can feel free to start a new thread or contact via PM.

I was going to leave this open but I don’t feel like coming back to respond to messages from a brand new member with big opinions and an obvious low IQ.

To be honest, the dynamics of the traditionals exchange has changed so much since this Thread started. It’s nice to see more members get involved and the same 3 people not claiming knives within the first 30 sec of a post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back