1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fishing 2017

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by dipbait, Jan 21, 2017.

1. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    @Chris Montgomery my condolences on the passing of Max, I know all too well what it is like.
    I had a Shepherd named Max that I had to put down a couple of years back.

I hope you and the family are doing good.

tom19176 and Chris Montgomery like this.
  2. Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

Dec 8, 2011
    @NJBillK Thank you. They do become family. We are doing well, we still miss Max but have the fond memories and are making more. We know we gave Max a great life and he enriched ours. Now Jasper is becoming increasingly more ingrained in the family unit.

Chris

tom19176 and NJBillK like this.
  3. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    We just put Retta our beagle down Monday. She had congestive heart failure. We made an appointment last Saturday to have it done today. By Sunday it was apparent I could not let het suffer that long. She was 15. I carried her in and held her till the end. This 6 ft 300lb tough as a pine knot hillbilly cried like a baby. We are going in a few hours to look at another beagle at a shelter she will never be expected to replace Retta but she is in need of a home and our family has a hole that a little hound is the fit for

4. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    Double post:rolleyes:

5. tom19176

tom19176 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2005
    I have a 14 year old English Bull Terrier that also has congestive heart failure. She was expected to pass last year from it, but she is going strong. I will miss her too when her time does come.....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    NJBillK and Chris Montgomery like this.
  6. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    Dogs rule

Chris Montgomery likes this.
  7. Bugs57

Bugs57 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Backcountry Snook & Redfish. Caught on light tackle & artificials.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

Dec 8, 2011
    Those are beauties!! I would love to fish some of the great coastal waters. Congratulations!
    Nice hat too.

Chris

Bugs57 likes this.
  9. mewolf1

mewolf1 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 24, 2005
    .................................................................................................................................

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  10. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    We got in a week of fishing on the Outer Banks last month. Smallish trout were plentiful at most high tides on our favorite pier. I had a gift card for the local tackle shop so I decided to get a lighter rod for the trout. First trip out I hooked into this guy who almost gave the lightweight rod more than it could handle. The best part is I caught several that evening and nobody else caught the first one. I guess they were trying to bully the little rod around.
    [​IMG]

11. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    I havvent caught a big bass all year .This oone was almost decent . I went old school and used an 8 inch Manns jelly Worm .

[​IMG]

12. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    Caught about thirty today with 7 over 15 inches . Nothing huge . This was the biggest caught on an 8 inch Manns Jelly Worm .

This is a different day than the above picture . This is my hot weather fishing clothing . LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  13. gonebad395

gonebad395 Ironworker!

May 19, 2015
    IMG_1561.JPG I fish a lot but ATM taking the kids fishing is my main priority so here is my 4 yr old twin daughter who has taken to fishing like a champ. This is her third fish she's so happy.

14. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    That's a great pic of a priceless smile.

gonebad395 likes this.
  15. tom19176

Dec 7, 2005
    Nice work Dipbait! I have had several days of 50 to 80 panfish days with a few bass, pickeral and trout mixed in! Never did 30 bass in a day! Great picture of your daughter with the fish!!!

16. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    Caught on a home-made buzzbait.

[​IMG]

17. tom19176

Dec 7, 2005
    Show us the home made bait! Nice work!

18. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    This is it except I changed the skirt to black and chartreuse .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  19. ISKski

ISKski

Apr 11, 2011
    Got to hit a couple 'blue ribbon' streams in Montana this week (Gallatin and Madison).

Caught several this size, nothing crazy, but I finally got myself to my goal of +10 Trout on a fly line (where I promised myself I could upgrade my set up) :).

unnamed-1.jpg

20. tom19176

Dec 7, 2005
    Nice lure Dipbait! I see it worked well!!