Fishing 2018

I think we used to call those white bass on the east coast, it's been a few years though. Where are you?

White Bass, Sand Bass. Silver Bass, all the same fish. We had big runs of White Bass on the Savanah River before Lake Russell was built. We'd throw two Little Cleos at a time and catch doubles till our arms got tired. Not as good as Crappie but cut the blood line out and it's pretty good eating.

More saugers, the walleye don't seem to be around yet....atleast on my line :( oh well, small but tasty.
TmBZa4Z.jpg

k4VowAi.jpg

Great photo and is that a Johnson reel ?
Thanks. No not a Johnson but it does resemble one. It's a Viking. Made in Japan circa 1950-60s. Found it at a flea market for, if I can remember right 3 bucks, I put some spiderwire on it and it works great.

Trout stocked in the lakes by me this week....I got several over the weekend.....Lots of Crappies too!

Those sure are some pretty fish. What a nice day you had. The streams won't be running up here for a couple of months yet. It was nice to see yours running though.

My friend and I hit up a small mountain creek this weekend going after wild trout. It couldn't have been a better day. The weather was perfect, there wasn't another person in sight, and the first were hungry.

1zSh7L5.jpg

M9pBqLo.jpg

PkzUuYk.jpg

fsrsWad.jpg

xoa5JIr.png

It's interesting that you are catching transplanted western rainbows in the east, and when I go to the Sierra Nevada, more often than not I see transplanted eastern brook trout instead of native rainbow or golden trout.

It's interesting that you are catching transplanted western rainbows in the east, and when I go to the Sierra Nevada, more often than not I see transplanted eastern brook trout instead of native rainbow or golden trout.

Yeah. The browns are from Germany originally and the rainbows from out west. To be honest, my favorite thing to catch are native brookies, but we missed them this trip. Hopefully we'll find some next time.

This was from last year, but this little guy is my favorite catch to date (the brown from my last post definitely rivals it though).

O0EmZoM.jpg

My friends & our mountain stream trout!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 36
Didn't take any pictures We took our church youth group out to the pond at my local gun club 8 kids 12 to 16 considering it was cool and the pond was 3 foot higher than normal it went great most caught something we built a fire roasted marshmallows one of the grand parents brought pizza out the only time I saw a phone out was to take pictures of fish got a lot of smiles and can we do it again that is what fishing is all about

What a log! That one is set to make some champion fry this year for sure.. I can never tell the males from females when they arent swollen with eggs, but that's a beauty, for sure.
Out of some little, probably overlooked water too.. my favorite..

Back