1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fishing 2018

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Cteve, Jan 22, 2018.

1. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    White Bass, Sand Bass. Silver Bass, all the same fish. We had big runs of White Bass on the Savanah River before Lake Russell was built. We'd throw two Little Cleos at a time and catch doubles till our arms got tired. Not as good as Crappie but cut the blood line out and it's pretty good eating.

2. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Morning trip with my father-in-law, pretty slow but still a good day. Today's catch :

IMG_6049.JPG
    IMG_6050.JPG

3. Cteve

Cteve

Oct 1, 2015
    More saugers, the walleye don't seem to be around yet....atleast on my line :( oh well, small but tasty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    Great photo and is that a Johnson reel ?

5. Cteve

Cteve

Oct 1, 2015
    Thanks. No not a Johnson but it does resemble one. It's a Viking. Made in Japan circa 1950-60s. Found it at a flea market for, if I can remember right 3 bucks, I put some spiderwire on it and it works great.

dipbait likes this.
  6. rt dak

rt dak

Dec 29, 2015
    It was a quality over quantity kind of day yesterday.

[​IMG]

7. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I guess technically they ain't fish,?,?,?,?

IMG_6156.JPG IMG_6164.JPG
    but they sure as hell were fun to catch !!!!

8. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    The one on the right is smiling for ths camera.

HCrum87hc likes this.
  9. metalbist

metalbist

Aug 11, 2017
    Rerange130SP Jackall worked well last week-end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. tom19176

tom19176 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2005
    Trout stocked in the lakes by me this week....I got several over the weekend.....Lots of Crappies too!

11. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge

Nov 20, 2014
    LOL!
    when you said 'bar fish', I immediately figured I learned a new fishing word for beers. Hahaha!

Superdave1 likes this.
  12. HCrum87hc

HCrum87hc Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2012
    My friend and I hit up a small mountain creek this weekend going after wild trout. It couldn't have been a better day. The weather was perfect, there wasn't another person in sight, and the first were hungry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris Montgomery, Cteve, Mack and 5 others like this.
  13. Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 20, 2009
    Those sure are some pretty fish. What a nice day you had. The streams won't be running up here for a couple of months yet. It was nice to see yours running though.

14. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    It's interesting that you are catching transplanted western rainbows in the east, and when I go to the Sierra Nevada, more often than not I see transplanted eastern brook trout instead of native rainbow or golden trout.

15. HCrum87hc

HCrum87hc Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Yeah. The browns are from Germany originally and the rainbows from out west. To be honest, my favorite thing to catch are native brookies, but we missed them this trip. Hopefully we'll find some next time.

This was from last year, but this little guy is my favorite catch to date (the brown from my last post definitely rivals it though).

[​IMG]

Chris Montgomery, Cteve, Mack and 3 others like this.
  16. Bugs57

Bugs57 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
  17. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Thatsa helluva Bass !

Bugs57 likes this.
  18. Mike Pierson

Mike Pierson Freedom is not Free Platinum Member

Dec 22, 2017
    My friends & our mountain stream trout!

Attached Files:

naturalist likes this.
  19. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    Didn't take any pictures We took our church youth group out to the pond at my local gun club 8 kids 12 to 16 considering it was cool and the pond was 3 foot higher than normal it went great most caught something we built a fire roasted marshmallows one of the grand parents brought pizza out the only time I saw a phone out was to take pictures of fish got a lot of smiles and can we do it again that is what fishing is all about

tom19176, HCrum87hc and HarryD like this.
  20. AndreLinoge

AndreLinoge

Nov 20, 2014
    What a log! That one is set to make some champion fry this year for sure.. I can never tell the males from females when they arent swollen with eggs, but that's a beauty, for sure.
    Out of some little, probably overlooked water too.. my favorite..

Bugs57 likes this.