Fishing 2018

Nice, my all time record for most in the least time was panfish on a dryfly. 60 in one hour (released almost all). I hear crappie fishing can be even crazier. Sounds like that lake has got a good variety. Snowed last night, so our lakes are about to freeze up, I'm gonna have to learn how to icefish.

I normally don't take pictures of the fish as I put them right back in the water!! LoL

I normally don't take pictures of the fish as I put them right back in the water!! LoL

It still don't count. We need pictures man.:):D.

I let this one go.
20180720-085023-XL.jpg

and this one.
tiger%20rockfish-XL.jpg

I didn't let this one go.
28%20inch-XL.jpg

Anyway, have fun, be safe. :)

So I took off yesterday as the final trout stocking for 2018 when in the day before. I ended up getting 24 browns and rainbows. My buddy got ten. I plan on hitting the other two lakes this weekend to see how I do there.....18 caught on cast mater gold lure, four on wax works and two on a dough ball! NO PICTURES!...lol

Hit too stocked lakes this weekend with NO luck!! Normally never happens to me but it did.....Will try again this weekend...Anybody else fishing??

I took some friends ice fishing on Sunday.

Christine-L.jpg

Christine with her first rainbow ever.

Steve%20Dianna%20and%20Christine-L.jpg

From the left, my cousin Dianna, my buddy Steve and Christine with the ones we kept. We let about 7 or 8 go and saw a couple of really nice ones down in the hole. These are mostly 'bows with a couple of silvers, a king and a char. We had a lot of fun, especially the girls, they hadn't been fishing since they were kids.

Looks like you had a great weekend Mark and there's nothing better than helping someone catch a fish that is a first whether it's the biggest or a new species to them. The look on Christine's face is Priceless:thumbsup:. Still waiting for the water to get hard in the boston area but it won't be long now with temps hanging in the low 30's during the day and low 20's at night. Good news is the Rainbows have been on fire lately. Pics coming soon.

Looks like you had a great weekend Mark and there's nothing better than helping someone catch a fish that is a first whether it's the biggest or a new species to them. The look on Christine's face is Priceless:thumbsup:. Still waiting for the water to get hard in the boston area but it won't be long now with temps hanging in the low 30's during the day and low 20's at night. Good news is the Rainbows have been on fire lately. Pics coming soon.

Wait.. the water gets hard in Boston?

Wow you caught some beauties again mark. I haven't seen Rainbows like that since I fished on the colorado river in Arizona on a stretch called Lee's ferry. That's also the Biggest Brook trout I've ever seen. The warmer lake temps in eastern Mass don't favor growth like that:eek: but once in a blue moon you can get one in the 18'' range but we do have some good size Pike,tiger muskie,and Salom to catch, all of which are stocked by to state. We do have have some very big largemouth bass that can be got year round so at least mass has one game fish that alaska doesn't Lol. Btw the lakes around here have about an inch of ice on them so it won't be long now for me so ice fishing pics are soon to come. Happy fish Hunting:thumbsup: and keep them pics coming.

Wow you caught some beauties again mark. I haven't seen Rainbows like that since I fished on the colorado river in Arizona on a stretch called Lee's ferry. That's also the Biggest Brook trout I've ever seen. The warmer lake temps in eastern Mass don't favor growth like that:eek: but once in a blue moon you can get one in the 18'' range but we do have some good size Pike,tiger muskie,and Salom to catch, all of which are stocked by to state. We do have have some very big largemouth bass that can be got year round so at least mass has one game fish that alaska doesn't Lol. Btw the lakes around here have about an inch of ice on them so it won't be long now for me so ice fishing pics are soon to come. Happy fish Hunting:thumbsup: and keep them pics coming.

Thanks. It was one of our best days ever for fish size but not numbers of fish. It was great.

It's a pretty common mistake but that's a particularly colorful Arctic Char, we don't have brookies here. All these fish are stocked buy our state fish and game as 8 inchers. This particular lake we go to has lots of food in it and the fish get big fast. That rainbow might only be four years old.

What's a Salom? can't say I've heard of it before.

Going again on Sunday.

Actually a large mouth bass was caught in sand lake Anchorage this year so AK has those too. (It was a Major upset and F&G double checked to make sure there were no others)

Actually a large mouth bass was caught in sand lake Anchorage this year so AK has those too. (It was a Major upset and F&G double checked to make sure there were no others)

Someone probably let go a "pet" bass from a tank at home. Not sure how one would get there other than that.

Thanks Mark, Now that I look at the Char and a pic of a brookie side by side I can spot the difference in coloration. As for the Salom I spoke of well that was a 3 whiskey typo...:oops: Salmon was the species lol. As for the "Pet Bass" theory, that's probably the most likely theory of all. My nephew caught piranha at a local lake some years back, not the little red piranhas you see on TV but a much bigger species so I made a call to the fish and game and they came to see it that night. I wanted to have a taxidermist mount it but the state explained that it was illegal to have one in possession dead or alive but a couple weeks later he received an official certificate explaining the rare catch and the local paper did an interview with him. Talk about a proud kid, seems at the time he was the only person to report cachting one on rod and reel in massachusetts and hopefully it will remain that way for a long time. Another lake I fish had a 4 foot former Pet alligator swimming around it until we had the first frost. I never saw it myself but one dark night of fishing I hooked into something that gave me the craziest fight like nothing I ever experienced before til it snapped my line. Heck when I was a little younger and a lot dumber I was transporting smallmouth bass into my favorit lake hoping that they would take until someone told me how much it would cost me if I got caught so it happens. I thought I would share a pic of my first Lake Trout I caught on Lake George in upstate new york last summer. I cant tell you how much it weighed or how long it was because I wanted to get her back in the water ASAP seeing that I battled it up from a 110'' of water and no one wanted to clean it because we already had enough food to feed us for the week. You know the saying "Only take what you can eat" Cheers and tight lines to you:thumbsup:
NymPDzv.jpg

Yes, I am certain you are right about how it got there, that's why I can't have the bluegill tank I would like.
We have a problem with pike that someone introduced to this part of the state. They say the pike eat all the small rainbows. I've caught lots of trout on lures that looked like 4-5" pike, so apparently trout like pike too!

Back