Fishing, 2019

Haven't posted in here for awhile, a few nice fish from the earlier part of the summer.

My buddy and I did an overnight Kokanee trip back in June. The bite was HOT, we got our limit both days! :cool: Most of the fish were 17"-18". :thumbsup:

The lakeside campsite, up among the Granite:

IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

We woke up the next morning to some pretty socked-in weather. A bit colder and wetter than expected. Oh well, at least it wasn't really raining, and wasn't windy.

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4301.jpg

We hooked up with this nice Trout too. Unfortunately, is was bleeding pretty bad so we kept it. The most orange meat I've EVER seen in a Rainbow! It actually smoked up pretty nicely. :)

IMG_4302.jpg

I call this a "Basketball Trout", lol!

IMG_4303.jpg

A couple of the Kokes from the first day.

IMG_4296.jpg

A nice full net of fish! :cool: :D

IMG_4294.jpg

More fish pics!!! :D

Had some decent Walleye fishing at Lake MacConaughy back at the beginning of summer. Numbers weren't great, but I caught some good ones! Here are a couple of the best...

24"

IMG_4309.jpg

This next one was a trophy! Weather wasn't the greatest that day, pretty windy, and the lake was a bit angry as a result. I had to twist my FILs arm to get him out there that morning. We didn't venture very far with the heavy chop, but instead tried some new spots and I got him to try using the electronics to target the fish for a change. This was the result, totally worth it! :cool: :thumbsup:

IMG_4323.jpg

She measured 28.5", and weighed 9# 8.2oz!!! One of my top 10 Walleye of all time, probably #6 or #7 biggest I've ever caught. Her eyes were bulging pretty bad from the ride up, I pulled her off the bottom in 48' of water. Pressure change causes this, you see it a lot in Rock fish caught off the coast. First time I've ever seen it happen with a Walleye though.

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

We also went up to the Steamboat area for a big family reunion type thing for 5 days. Did a little fly fishing and mostly caught smaller ~12" Brown trout, so this 20" cut bow was quite a surprise at the end of my line! :cool:

IMG_4308.jpg

More fish pics!!! :D

Had some decent Walleye fishing at Lake MacConaughy back at the beginning of summer. Numbers weren't great, but I caught some good ones! Here are a couple of the best...

24"

View attachment 1198928

This next one was a trophy! Weather wasn't the greatest that day, pretty windy, and the lake was a bit angry as a result. I had to twist my FILs arm to get him out there that morning. We didn't venture very far with the heavy chop, but instead tried some new spots and I got him to try using the electronics to target the fish for a change. This was the result, totally worth it! :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1198933

She measured 28.5", and weighed 9# 8.2oz!!! One of my top 10 Walleye of all time, probably #6 or #7 biggest I've ever caught. Her eyes were bulging pretty bad from the ride up, I pulled her off the bottom in 48' of water. Pressure change causes this, you see it a lot in Rock fish caught off the coast. First time I've ever seen it happen with a Walleye though.

View attachment 1198931

View attachment 1198930

View attachment 1198929

View attachment 1198932

We also went up to the Steamboat area for a big family reunion type thing for 5 days. Did a little fly fishing and mostly caught smaller ~12" Brown trout, so this 20" cut bow was quite a surprise at the end of my line! :cool:

View attachment 1198934
Nice job!

Good eater right there! :thumbsup: Scatter rap? That clown color works well here too.

Greyling! :cool: We're fortunate to have a few places here in CO where we can catch those. Neat fish!
That's pretty cool, I didn't realize.

We try to get to NC every year. Fortunately we went in the spring this year.

My son is learning to film and edit. He made this video... We had a great day tuna fishing.

We try to get to NC every year. Fortunately we went in the spring this year.

My son is learning to film and edit. He made this video... We had a great day tuna fishing.

Nice video, looks like a fun time.

Thanks Mark. It always is. Still planning a trip to Alaska for salmon and halibut. Any suggestions on who to go with? Mark Knapp Mark Knapp

Last edited:
Halibut, lingcod and rock fish on a fly rod.

DSCF4143-X2.jpg

Day one on an eight day trip, all on flies.

DSCF4153-XL.jpg

My buddy Rick with a black rock.

DSCF4141-XL.jpg

92 pound halibut with 20 pound tippet.

DSCF4136-X2.jpg

The tear in the skin is from the harpoon.

DSCF4134-XL.jpg

one of the halibut flies.

DSCF4157-X2.jpg

Second day.

We ended up only being able to fly fish for 2 1/2 days due to rough weather but all in all a very good trip.

Back