Ice fishing with friends and family.
20210205_134659-X2.jpg

My buddy Dave with a 23 inch rainbow.

20210206_122251-X2.jpg

Some old guy showing the technique.
20210206_142951-X2.jpg

My best fishing buddy with a silver.
20210207_100431-X2.jpg

My great nephew with his biggest fish ever, a 23 inch rainbow.
20210207_112759-X2.jpg

My cousin and her boyfriend with a 24 inch char.

20210207_160958-X2.jpg

Of course ya gotta kiss your first fish or your luck will go bad.
20210207_160419-X2.jpg

My nephews crew and our keepers. In all 10 people fished, we caught 127 fish total and we kept these five rainbows and the char.

I don't know ANYTHING about ice fishing but sure it doesn't look as misserable as I thought!!!:D:D:D:D

I understand those shelters are well insulated, heated, etc... and you drag them to the ice once it is thick enough to support it's weight and remove it before it melts, right?

Mikel

I don't know ANYTHING about ice fishing but sure it doesn't look as misserable as I thought!!!:D:D:D:D

I understand those shelters are well insulated, heated, etc... and you drag them to the ice once it is thick enough to support it's weight and remove it before it melts, right?

Mikel
You are correct sir.
Some people do it the miserable way, but I'm getting too old for that. Give me 70 degrees in the house and a coffee pot on the stove any day.

Question: in freezing temperature, how long can you keep a landed fish out of the water before it's too late to put it back in (alive of course)?

Question: in freezing temperature, how long can you keep a landed fish out of the water before it's too late to put it back in (alive of course)?
We don't leave them out at all. If we are returning them, we take a picture and put it right back. They do real good that way. We caught 126 fish over the week end and only kept the fish in the pictures. They say, if the eyeball starts to freeze, it's too late to put them back. We're fishing in a house so the eyeball never gets to freeze.

Last edited:
On our trip to the Outer Banks last week we caught Bluefish, Spanish, Croaker, Trout, and several nice Sea Mullet including this citation my son is proudly displaying.

Back