1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Brian77, Jul 17, 2017.

1. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I'm out to Kansas in 2 weeks for my first Turkey hunt. A buddy of mine asked me to go and how could I pass it up! My first thought was, "huh... I wonder what knife I should bring." I'm sure you guys understand.

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice job!! That's a beautiful gobbler!!!

Fullflat, NUTRAMAC and Odog27 like this.
  3. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    We always carry a hawk call for those days birds are flushing wild ... a few calls and you can walk up about close enough to pluck feathers.

4. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    nice tom ! ... they are busy around here with it warming up early makes me regret skipping this spring season with things being so hectic ...

but found a few morel by accident today we may have a good year for those ... hopefully!

5. Organic556

Organic556 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2015
    9D057E4D-CA4D-4FBD-8CDE-2F4653A10DBD.jpeg Didn’t catch any good fish . But I did attempt to catch this reptile down in the rocks by the lake. He wasn’t having it. Starting to warm up so a ton of them were catching some rays.

6. E40

E40 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2012
    No turkeys so I thought a picture was in order. Thompson Center Encore, 20 gauge, EOTech sight.
    IMG_1650 1.jpg

Fullflat, woodysone, AdamZC and 10 others like this.
  7. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    My sons second turkey. He got his first last year.

IMG-20190422-WA0010.jpg

8. Freespoolin

Freespoolin

Nov 20, 2017
    Nice Moccasin from my sister in laws house we took care of. My kids want it in their playroom. My wife, not so much.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  9. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    BC sheath.

10. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    That would be badass!

11. Freespoolin

Freespoolin

Nov 20, 2017
    I thought about something like a sheath but it’s hard to find a moccasin that long that stills has a good pattern. Wanted to showcase it on its full length. Was 46” alive.

Odog27, Fullflat and Standard78 like this.
  12. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Shitty pic and taken with the phone through 7x binoculars but you get the idea of the tom's size with the hen there. Unfortunately I don't have a tag and the two buddies that do were on the other side of the property.

IMG_20190426_214945.jpg

woodysone, Organic556, Odog27 and 5 others like this.
  13. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Where I live, they are all over the place and walk around avoiding cars, unless you try to take a pic -then they hide their faces........

[​IMG]

14. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    My first turkey, after a 30 or 40 yard stalk through a cow pasture (the 10 yards of belly-crawl was a little unpleasant...). They went behind a loafing shed in the pasture, so I kept that between me and the birds. It worked.

20190504_161345~01~01.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    mb>, JJ_Colt45, trevitrace and 11 others like this.
  15. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Way to go bud!!

16. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    My 13 year old, went out 2 weeks ago. By himself the first time. 30 minutes later, he called and said Did, I got one! I was blown away. He called in 4 gobblers. The hens ran the other way. He laid down, and shot the first one to come into the lane, at about 10 yards. I am proud of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mb>, trevitrace, Wood5045 and 16 others like this.
  17. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    I want to be like him when I grow up...

Brian77, Fullflat, Odog27 and 3 others like this.
  18. AnotherDogDown17

AnotherDogDown17 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2015
    My EDC2 harvested it's first morels this evening! Just a snack but it's a start...

[​IMG]

mb>, trevitrace, TommyGun56 and 6 others like this.
  19. Brian77

Nov 27, 2014
    I know! I have tried that many, many times... Never had a lucky break like this. He had not even practiced with the box call. He said "dad, it sounded weird at first! But then then I got it! and they started coming towards me"

Hard Knocks, Odog27 and TommyGun56 like this.
  20. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Nice Turkey!!! :thumbsup:

Took a couple days at the end of last week and went on a quick camping/fishing trip with a couple buddies. Weather was pretty nice, and the fishing was fantastic!!! :cool: :thumbsup: We easily brought our limit of eater (17"-20") Walleye home, along with a few nice ~12" Crappie too! :D

In 11 hours total fishing time on the water over the two days, we landed 41 Walleye, 3 Crappie, and a Catfish. Only 3 Walleye were under 15", 7 Walleye were between 20"-21", one was 23" (pic of me), and one was 30"!!! :eek: What a trip!!! :cool:

Pics! :D

Waking up Friday morning:

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

Sunrise!

IMG_4088.jpg

Fishing on Friday:

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Love having a full livewell... :eek: :cool:

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

Friday evening back at camp. Not bad at all. :)

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

Having a cigar (and lots of Whiskey, not pictured...) with a nice fire to end the dang near perfect day, before the fish fry: :thumbsup:

IMG_4107.jpg

FK2 performed camp duty quite admirably, I might add! :cool: Love the rag micarta! :D