Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

My favorite was chasing chukar down on the Snake River in Idaho. Of course it was always fun to crest out of the canyon and jump a rooster. Sometimes the hawks would circle overhead when they saw hunters climbing the canyon because the chukar would run up hill. It was fun to have the hawk work to pin down the covey.

A light 28 gage, a brittany and some blackberry bushes chock full of quail would be a suitable substitute for the prairie version in my mind.

We always carry a hawk call for those days birds are flushing wild ... a few calls and you can walk up about close enough to pluck feathers.

View attachment 1115816 View attachment 1115817 View attachment 1115818 View attachment 1115819 View attachment 1115820 View attachment 1115821 Opening day of turkey season this year was a washout with high winds and rain. Friday we had hail and tornadoes, good grief could I catch a break. Saturday am the winds died down and finally could hear a distant gobbler.
Late in the afternoon I got one fired up and before you knew it 6 gobblers we’re heading to my setup.
After a lot of hard work roosting birds and soft calling it paid off
Easter long Beard

nice tom ! ... they are busy around here with it warming up early makes me regret skipping this spring season with things being so hectic ...

but found a few morel by accident today we may have a good year for those ... hopefully!

Nice Moccasin from my sister in laws house we took care of. My kids want it in their playroom. My wife, not so much.

iksUl0Y.jpg

Last edited:
My first turkey, after a 30 or 40 yard stalk through a cow pasture (the 10 yards of belly-crawl was a little unpleasant...). They went behind a loafing shed in the pasture, so I kept that between me and the birds. It worked.

20190504_161345~01~01.jpg

Last edited:
My 13 year old, went out 2 weeks ago. By himself the first time. 30 minutes later, he called and said Did, I got one! I was blown away. He called in 4 gobblers. The hens ran the other way. He laid down, and shot the first one to come into the lane, at about 10 yards. I am proud of him.

cvrq7Bj.jpg

hJaeL8g.jpg

Nice Turkey!!! :thumbsup:

Took a couple days at the end of last week and went on a quick camping/fishing trip with a couple buddies. Weather was pretty nice, and the fishing was fantastic!!! :cool: :thumbsup: We easily brought our limit of eater (17"-20") Walleye home, along with a few nice ~12" Crappie too! :D

In 11 hours total fishing time on the water over the two days, we landed 41 Walleye, 3 Crappie, and a Catfish. Only 3 Walleye were under 15", 7 Walleye were between 20"-21", one was 23" (pic of me), and one was 30"!!! :eek: What a trip!!! :cool:

Pics! :D

Waking up Friday morning:

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

Sunrise!

IMG_4088.jpg

Fishing on Friday:

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Love having a full livewell... :eek: :cool:

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

Friday evening back at camp. Not bad at all. :)

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

Having a cigar (and lots of Whiskey, not pictured...) with a nice fire to end the dang near perfect day, before the fish fry: :thumbsup:

IMG_4107.jpg

FK2 performed camp duty quite admirably, I might add! :cool: Love the rag micarta! :D

Back