Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

My city refuses to address our hare problem while family's feed them. I see multiples everywhere.
It's frustrating when authorities don't do anything to help control pests. We have so much trouble with kangaroos, we used to have national parks come and assess our problem and they would say we can shoot 10-15 and they think the problem will be solved. The problem was they came to look between 9-5 when the nocturnal roos are bedded down and not seen. Luckily we got a local farmer in parliament and she eased the restrictions of shooting them.

It's frustrating when authorities don't do anything to help control pests. We have so much trouble with kangaroos, we used to have national parks come and assess our problem and they would say we can shoot 10-15 and they think the problem will be solved. The problem was they came to look between 9-5 when the nocturnal roos are bedded down and not seen. Luckily we got a local farmer in parliament and she eased the restrictions of shooting them.

G'day! 😁

P.S

Have a few relatives scattered across Oz (Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania). Jake The Peg was one of my favorites as a kid. Found it absolutely hilarious.

For the folks who've never seen/heard/heard of it

G'day! 😁

P.S

Have a few relatives scattered across Oz (Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania). Jake The Peg was one of my favorites as a kid. Found it absolutely hilarious.

For the folks who've never seen/heard/heard of it

How ya goin' cobber?
That's songs not so funny when you google Rolf Harris and see how his career ended.
Another pair last night while protecting our crop from bigger pests

sonofwilfred sonofwilfred I've read about the Australian kangaroo problem, the Emu problem, and now there is a mouse problem? Have you watched "thejuicemedia" youtube channel? I get a kick out of it, but if just 1/10th of what they say is accurate, I feel you aussies need a drastic parlimentary change.... my 2 cents.
I'm in a pretty good area, semi desert, so thankfully the mice haven't been a problem. We can keep the kangaroos at bay now we can shoot them, don't even get me started on the emus... I'll check out the YouTube channel and let you know if there true
I need to find a way to get one of these cool CPK knives now to do some roo skins.
Dan.

I have a question for you guys, I was out looking at tracks to see what's moving after a rain event we had last week and I came across unusual tracks for here (central NSW Australia) and was wondering what you would think it was if you saw them in your neck of the woods?

I'm not sure what hoofed game you've got down there. Doesn't seem rounded enough for a hog track, looks sharp-cut like a deer track. Any fallow deer right there?

how does kangaroo taste?

I'm not sure what hoofed game you've got down there. Doesn't seem rounded enough for a hog track, looks sharp-cut like a deer track. Any fallow deer right there?
There are fallow but not common. There are reports of Sambar and red deer as well over the years. And that's what I was hoping to hear that it was deer. Thanks.

how does kangaroo taste?
Ok Timmy, do you know the smell a car has when there is a coolant leak? A distinctive hot smell, that my Irish wife says smells like a hot strong cup of tea. Well that's what large mature kangaroo, smells and tastes like (disgusting).
Professional roo shooters have a limit to how many they can sell, and they are paid by the kilogram so obviously they shoot the biggest in a mob to get the most money. So store bought, and restaurant cooked kangaroo is in my opinion horrible... But a small to medium sized younger one is delicious. I'm spoilt in the fact I'm not obligated to harvest the meat of any game shot like I'm led to believe you guys in the US are. Because I shoot alot of them I just take the back straps of the premium ones. I soak them in salty iced water over night and then cook it in my camp oven for five hours with sweet potato, pumpkin, garlic, chillies and carrots. It's so nice kinda like corned beef. My wife just thin slices hers and barely cooks it in a screaming hot skillet. It's what we have as our main protein.
Now as for wallaby... You could live on it but it tastes like S#¶T 🤮. We don't shoot wallabies there protected and not a problem for us.

I'm not an expert on species, but this deer was on the farm a couple years ago. The fence in front of it is 4 feet tall. I would like to think it's what's around now. It Couldn't be the same exact animal on the farm because we ate that one, it was so nice.

Back