Fishing for reds off St. Simmons Island GA

I have ben working with Captain Ashley Parolee down at coastal island (http://www.charterfish.net/bentrod.html) for a while now. As luck would have it the Bull Redfish wear biting and his boat was available at the exact same time his fillet sword was finished as well as the fillet knife I was doing for one of his other captains. Not wanting to trust such an important order to the untied State Postal service I called my brother and dad (for security) and we head for the coast. At delivery I wanted to be shore the knives would work as advertised so their was nothing to do but fire up the twin Yamaha's head out. This time of year and this size Redfish are catch and release so no action shots, but fear not they are cumming soon. I will spear you the photo of the bruse on my hip from the rod type but take my word on it they put up a great fight. Even my brothers small (25-30lb) fish was a great 25+ min.fight that had him running around the boat taking a loosing line the hole time.

View attachment 311704
heading to the marena
View attachment 311703
a quick stop for bait
View attachment 311705
my brother Jay and his baby fish
View attachment 311706
me and my first fish if the day
View attachment 311707

Dan,

Those are some tasty looking fish! I like your brother's "baby fish". That thing is a biggun to me.

Back