Fishing Pics 2015!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought i'd start this thread up for the year! i caught 4 bass today, these two were the best. i think this hawg is around 5# give or take, he measured 20". the smaller one was the first catch of the year at 17", 3.5# give or take.

Nice start to the year!! Looks a lot different then my fishing! -45 today, my camera battery froze before I drilled my first hole.
Happy New Years guys, best of luck on the water this year!

just thought i'd start this thread up for the year! i caught 4 bass today, these two were the best. i think this hawg is around 5# give or take, he measured 20". the smaller one was the first catch of the year at 17", 3.5# give or take.

fish look great!!

Nice start to the year!! Looks a lot different then my fishing! -45 today, my camera battery froze before I drilled my first hole.
Happy New Years guys, best of luck on the water this year!

-45? where abouts are ya?

i need to get my license renewed again. woohoo

Sullie, everytime I see your name Paul McCartney's song "Soily" gets stuck in my head .

Had to share my first Tiger trout with you guys. Such a striking fish and fights like a horse through the ice!
Saw a few more but couldn't trigger them. But this was the biggest and I cant imagine a better specimen! I cant wait to see the fall colours on these guys!

imagejpg1_zps1ff59ac3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And of course, as some of you may know I love my Brookies!
We caught about a dozen throughout the day, this was my best for the day.

imagejpg2_zps78a627f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a rare, behind the scenes look into the world of ice fishing...

imagejpg3_zpse3ca79f9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I mostly just wanted to share the Tiger Trout. It's been surprisingly warm this winter and they walleye bite has been really hot but trout are always my favourite. This past weekend was very cold but the fish make it worth it!
Any other hardwater catches? Or those lucky enough to fish without worrying about frostbite??

I've been fishing quite a bit, but haven't been having much luck at all. Here is my catch for yesterday........

it's been a slow last couple weeks.....this is the most decent size i've managed to catch. fun though. :) :) :)

Our walleye and perch bite has really been picking up over the last week or two. I caught 11 walleye Sunday evening and took my limit of 5 home. Yesterday I caught another 10 walleye, 2 northern pike, and 1 perch. Took another limit of 15-19.5" walleye home yesterday. Unfortunately, we are having some crazy warm temps and its killing the ice really fast now. Anyways, here are a few pics.

Yesterdays perch

Yesterdays walleye limit

Headed off the lake yesterday

And walleye ready for the grill this morning

Today's score, Brown Trout and Ouananiche (land-locked Atlantic Salmon), small but tasty!

F3AD3B27-586F-47C2-A4A1-30CFDEFE137A.jpg

Lunch time!

C8E007B9-E52D-49E2-AAFB-F9D45E4FC52D.jpg

Vexilar FL20 flashing fish finder... a luxury item when travelling by skidoo, I leave it behind when hiking it in on snowshoes...

C6D2CA67-9AE9-431F-BC75-C6EC5DDFFE6F.jpg

The view!

FCDDE887-F1E2-4F55-94AA-B06913BA35E2.jpg

5106D1A7-E7B1-4FA3-B717-71D7C4F15736.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Mckrob. A vexilar is an amazing piece of equipment to have while ice fishing. I have an fl18 and it has helped me catch a ton of fish that I probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I think I'm going to invest in a Marcum lx7 next year and keep the 18 around for friends to use.

Got out on the water for the first time last weekend to drag a fly around a local lake in my belly boat. It was pretty rainy but felt great to be out nonetheless! Fishing was a little slow but I managed a quick photo of this little rainbow before getting him back in the water

16945882921_63c93a9eed.jpg
16920893146_2ecb938475.jpg

What patterns are you using in lakes?
Got out on the water for the first time last weekend to drag a fly around a local lake in my belly boat. It was pretty rainy but felt great to be out nonetheless! Fishing was a little slow but I managed a quick photo of this little rainbow before getting him back in the water

16945882921_63c93a9eed.jpg
16920893146_2ecb938475.jpg

20150320_142846_zpsqo0ggw4h.jpg

Took this big boy last week when I took my boy fishing for his first time. It tasted great!

-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back