• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Five, 6" Double Edge Fighter

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a double edged dagger ground variation of the 6" Utility Fighter that was designed as a collaboration with design and functional input from a family friend, US Army Green Beret Jason Landphair. It is a well made, durable, high performance mid sized utility combat knife designed to carry light, tolerate rough use beyond the abilities of most alternatives, and function properly as a mid size fighting knife in addition to normal cutting chores. In this newest release of this old pattern it now has the Delta 3V heat treat that is optimized for edge stability so it will hold a sharp edge in rough use better than ever. A side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so. I consider this to be one of the ultimate modern particle metallurgy super steels and a knife of this nature is an ideal application for it.

This dagger ground version of this pattern is less of a general purpose utility knife and more of a purpose built weapon.

The handle is 3D sculpted CNC machined and ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average sized hand. Unnecessary weight is removed where possible and the tang is internally skeletonized for a neutral balance. The blade is made of .188" CPM "Delta" 3V. Despite being light (7.8 oz) and ground relatively thin (.025" before sharpening) it will tolerate rough use in demanding environments.
The point on this 6" Double Edge Fighter variation of the UF is not as robust as the standard single edge variation but the blade is just as strong. The primary grinds on this version are somewhat more obtuse and are subsequently more robust.

Specs:
CPM 3V, Delta heat treat, tested 61 HRC, .188" at ricasso
Total length 10.8"
Blade length 6.0"
Primary edge length 5.6", 20 DPS
Secondary edge length 4.5", 20 DPS
(both edges will shave hair)
Weight 7.8 oz
Extra grippy 3D machined scales
18-8 stainless steel fasteners
Black oxide treated stainless steel fasteners available upon request, same price

The price includes a very nice Mashed Cat Kydex sheath with TecLok.

Tell me what scale option you choose and I'll build it. The knife in the picture is not the knife you will receive. We are sharpening now. These will ship within a week or two.

Lwnmwcy.jpg

7Ndasgt.jpg

XeI1jsn.jpg

xNLjQ7Q.jpg

8cqu8gY.jpg

These are all “field grade”, “as machined” and stonewashed with visible tool and grind marks.

This is shown with buffed scales (double black micarta shown) but you can request unbuffed for an ugly alternative with better grip.

Price, which includes shipping and a sheath, is:
$477 in Black or Natural Canvas micarta (great choice and good value)
$487 in Black Linen micarta
$487 in OD Green Canvas micarta (Norplex product, starts off green, turns brown)
$487 in Double Black Canvas micarta
$497 in Double Red Canvas micarta (kinda brown maroon color)
$487 in Black or OD (olive drab) Green G10
$497 in Natural Burlap micarta
$497 in Tri-color Rag micarta
$497 in Black (grey)
or bright green unbuffed TeroTuf on a black micarta liner
$497 in Ebonite (experimental material)
$$$ edge cut antique Micarta, limited availability, inquire with Jo.

Shipping is $12, and is included in the price. Shipping cost is not duplicated on multiples.
I take paypal, cash, check, or MO.

If you get a knife in this sale, please send an email to Jo at jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com. A good subject line would be: "Fighter sale 10-11-19 post #X"

Please include the following information in your email:

1: Your post number on this sale thread.
2: Bladeforums name. (for example "Jo the Machinist")
3: Real Name.
4: PayPal email address so we can send a paypal invoice (or ask about other payment options).
5: Shipping address.
6: Scales Choice.
7: Any questions you may have or special instructions.

Once I receive this information, if everything is there, I will send you a PayPal invoice. If information is missing or you have additional questions, I will reply to your email. When your email is read and processed I will send you a reply letting you know we've received your information.

We will have the last of these here in three weeks. We will also have a pre-order for the Field Knife 2 in our forum later today. This pre-order is a good place to order custom configurations.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Back