• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Five 8” Fighter / Combat Shiv / Pig Sticker

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a heavy duty combat knife designed as a stabbing weapon and built to tolerate extremely rough use in demanding environments. If you're looking for a fine edge cutting tool, please take a look at my smaller 6" fighter.

THESE ARE SOLD, THANK YOU

The handle is ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average to relatively large hand. The tang is internally skeletonized. The scales are 3D sculpted CNC machined. The blade is made of ¼” Latrobe A2 steel with a heat treat that has been optimized to maximize strength and toughness. The blade has a swedge grind that creates distal taper and deep fullers that, together with the skeletonized tang, create a relatively light weight package (11.7 oz) that is supremely well balanced with thoughtful and deliberate distribution of mass that gives it a surprisingly light and lively feel in the hand without sacrificing tip strength.

The steel, Latrobe A2, is a high quality domestically produced high carbon tool steel (not a stainless steel) with high impact and torsional toughness. It also exhibits good edge stability and edge retention which make it a good choice for rough use. In this application it will tolerate abuse such as aggressive prying, punching holes in sheetmetal, cutting iron wire and even chopping through cinderblock. Being a 5% chromium steel it is not stainless, but has better corrosion resistance than something like 1095.

Specs:
Latrobe A2 steel, tested 59 HRC, .250” thick at ricasso
Total length 12.75”
Edge length 7.5”
Weight 11.7 oz
Extra grippy 3D machined scales
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners

Spec Ops Combat Master sheath can be hung from a belt, mounted to all duty belts, is M.O.L.L.E. compatible and jump certified.

David Brown Kydex sheaths with TecLoc are custom made for these knives and are well designed and well made.

Cerakote is a relatively thin ceramic filled teflon powdercoat applied for corrosion resistance. This was professionally applied, it's durable and doesn't chip off.

There are five knives in this sale.

1.jpg~original

2.jpg~original

3.jpg~original

4.jpg~original

5.jpg~original

6.jpg~original

7.jpg~original

8.jpg~original

Rather than just take my word for it I made a video to illustrate the unusual durability of this knife:

[video=youtube_share;yf4SfmqeGLE]http://youtu.be/yf4SfmqeGLE[/video]

The first fighter in a coyote brown Spec Ops sheath is “field grade”, “as machined” (with visible tool marks) and grey Cerakote. It has black micarta scales machined in a diamond quilt. $255 SOLD

The second fighter in an ACU Spec Ops sheath is “field grade”, “as machined” (with visible tool marks) and grey Cerakote. It has black G10 scales machined in a diamond quilt. $270 SOLD

The third fighter in a green David Brown kydex sheath is “field grade”, “as machined” (with visible tool marks) and grey Cerakote. It has brown micarta scales machined in a scalloped pattern. $265 SOLD

The fourth fighter in a black David Brown kydex sheath is “field grade”, “as machined” (with visible tool marks) and grey Cerakote. It has black G10 scales machined in a scalloped pattern. $280 SOLD

The fifth fighter in a black Spec Ops sheath is &#8220;field grade&#8221;, &#8220;as machined&#8221; (with visible tool marks) and dark stonewashed. It has Osage Orange scales machined in a diamond quilt pattern. <- I know Osage isn't everybody's cup of tea, but it's my favorite, I love the stuff, it's nature's micarta and it's my preference for my own knives. It's only natural I'd put it on one of these, it's perfect for this. $265 SOLD

Shipping in the USA is $5.

If you want a fighter without a sheath I will deduct the cost of the sheath from the price.

These knives are unusual because they are machined. I do this in my shop on industrial CNC machine tools. A WIP thread documenting their construction can be found here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1048443

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Last edited:
Love that Osage! "Natures Micarta" for sure! :thumbup:

These are so nice it hurts! :thumbup::D. My already tapped out knife budget that is... :(

Back