Five Best Looking

Will you settle for three?
I think these are the "prettiest"/suitable for fancy go to meetin'/office I have.
GEC/Northfield UN-X-LD 852211 Harness Jack, all gussied up in real burnt stag.
(yeah ... yeah ... I know ... I know ... it's been used and sharpened, so whatever "collector value" it had is shot to h---.
I don't care. It was a gift, so it will never be sold. I'll probably have my heir put it (and a couple others) in my pocket before they close the lid for the last time.)
View attachment 1499389

CASE TB61028 DAM Tear Drop, Mediterranean Blue Stag Bone(?) and real Damascus blade. (Ladder Damascus?)
It too was a gift, has been used and sharpened, and will probably go in my pocket, as well.
View attachment 1499390

Rough Ryder RR1419 "Large" 3 7/8/3.875inch closed Stoneworx Stockman.
View attachment 1499391

Everything else I have is nothing fancy. Their only quote/unquote "beauty" is in their functionality.
For example, this weeks carry:
View attachment 1499403
Rough Ryder "Classic Carbon" RR2040 Barlow, RR1740 large (4.375 inch closed) Stockman, and SK Blades Smoke Jumper 110LT.

Man, that camera has seen better days.

Gunstocks, Gunstocks and Gunstocks. I love the lines of a Gunstock. Especially Queens and again in their covered in ACSB. To me just a beautiful knife.
8888414E-6DBC-4D61-A3BA-F201F3E6CC96.jpeg

I Invoice Horrific break :poop: If it happened to my WCSB No.26 Small Stockman I'd be distraught, even in one of those foreign countries...;) I'm almost certain I've heard of Queen D2 knives before with busted springs, I wonder if it's the hardness of he D2 against rather brittle stainless springs?

Ask @jsdistin he does knife modding with great skill he might be able to fit a replacement spring maybe?

This is an exquisite thread, though it certainly presents us with quite a dilemma - what are we to choose? I thought a bit and made some choices. They are largely based on my preferred covers as the standouts amongst their peers so here it goes.

GEC #92 is some of the craggiest Stag I've ever seen - it's pretty handsome.

ox9Vc4e.jpg

Northwoods Heritage Jack in Red Sawcut Bone - I LOVE Red Sawcut and though this Northwoods doesn't have much to otherwise embellish it, the bone stands out on its own and is a very fine example.

DfLOhjm.jpg

I have to showcase something dressed up in black and this Waynorth Lambsfoot clad in some of the most exquisite Ebony does the trick nicely.

ZSvjv6T.jpg

Most of my Jigged Bone examples are a wide sampling of the various styles that GEC uses. One of the more notable types, in my opinion, is found on the M&G Yankees Whittler.

KSSlruU.jpg

Since fixed blades make up a good chunk of my collection, it seems appropriate to include one of my more attractive pieces - in my opinion, of course.

Siegle Farmhand Bowie in 5160 and Wenge Wood.

fPUAFjV.jpg

This is an exquisite thread, though it certainly presents us with quite a dilemma - what are we to choose? I thought a bit and made some choices. They are largely based on my preferred covers as the standouts amongst their peers so here it goes.

ox9Vc4e.jpg

Northwoods Heritage Jack in Red Sawcut Bone - I LOVE Red Sawcut and though this Northwoods doesn't have much to otherwise embellish it, the bone stands out on its own and is a very fine example.

DfLOhjm.jpg

I have to showcase something dressed up in black and this Waynorth Lambsfoot clad in some of the most exquisite Ebony does the trick nicely.

ZSvjv6T.jpg

Most of my Jigged Bone examples are a wide sampling of the various styles that GEC uses. One of the more notable types, in my opinion, is found on the M&G Yankees Whittler.

KSSlruU.jpg

Since fixed blades make up a good chunk of my collection, it seems appropriate to include one of my more attractive pieces - in my opinion, of course.

fPUAFjV.jpg
Outstanding knives and pictures. Thank you for posting.

I Invoice Horrific break :poop: If it happened to my WCSB No.26 Small Stockman I'd be distraught, even in one of those foreign countries...;) I'm almost certain I've heard of Queen D2 knives before with busted springs, I wonder if it's the hardness of he D2 against rather brittle stainless springs?

Ask @jsdistin he does knife modding with great skill he might be able to fit a replacement spring maybe?
Thanks Will for the info. Let me see I've had three Queens with back spring failure. This one. DB Barlow (D2) and a Small Stockman. I also have an Alsdorf Tear Drop Jack were the spring went. It's getting to be I don't want to open a knife.

ox9Vc4e.jpg

DfLOhjm.jpg

ZSvjv6T.jpg

KSSlruU.jpg

fPUAFjV.jpg
Great choices, Dylan, but where is that red jigged bone lambsfoot recovered by @glennbad?

I think I'll have to do this knife by knife. One of my most carried and used because I think it has some of the most beautiful jigged bone covers.
05FCB408-B15D-4AD9-8D6B-A0C4D95D15BC.jpeg

E2D498DA-BE52-45F8-9F92-603ED13F285F.jpeg

So I quickly took these pics just to get going on this thread.
Then as I opened the spey...crack!!!WTF!!! Another broken spring. I'm so bummed out it's not funny.
D351C3B9-1B25-4B7A-896F-B9752F93BD01.jpeg

I feel your pain Invoice!:(
But the good news is, with the closing of Queen there has been a constant flow of parts, springs, blades, covers, etc on fleabay.
If it were my knife I'd make sure my choice was correct and get a hold of Glennbad. He'll fix you up! :thumbsup:

Dave

I feel your pain Invoice!:(
But the good news is, with the closing of Queen there has been a constant flow of parts, springs, blades, covers, etc on fleabay.
If it were my knife I'd make sure my choice was correct and get a hold of Glennbad. He'll fix you up! :thumbsup:

Dave
Dave thank you for reminding me of Glennbad.
Neal

The Case Bose on top is gorgeous!!! :eek:

I always enjoy seeing that beauty!!! :eek:

Yes thank you it's a grand knife, carried it today. It does have, for some, an issue- the mark & pile sides are completely different, very much so. Mark is quite light whereas the pile is a very dark colour, it's not uncommon I suppose but it could detract.

Back