Five Best Looking

Not sure why I'm even attempting this, but...

1hbYKsc.jpg

CFMldao.jpg

abl9uHB.jpg

2klmp46.jpg

EW2AwyW.jpg

Runner up
y0hsJ8h.jpg

hCnfnjk.jpg

These are my best looking knives. Left to right we have:
A single spring Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett pen knife in celluloid covers.
Next is a single blade jack in golden maple burl covers by @ea42.
In the center is my 78 recovered in fordite by @Signalprick.
Fourth is a Winchester coffin jack by Queen in MoP.
Last is a two blade Robeson jack in strawberry bone.

Love that fordite! And that HSB celluloid is pretty nice, too.

Thanks Greg, the red stag #72 I have is from 2010 and there were 17 unserialized and 25 with serial numbers made that year.

So many exquisite knives in this thread . . . keep 'em comin'!

I have my knives listed in several categories (Alox SAK, sowbelly stockman, canoe, international, etc.), so I thought it would be fairly easy to identify the best looker(s) in each category, and then pick the 5 "best of the best" from that. But I was wrong! :eek::( I easily generated a list of at least 15 handsome knives, and found it almost impossible to reduce the list. So I'll post 5 of my knives I think look great, but I won't claim they're my 5 best-looking.
Case mini copperhead: gorgeous bone (both color and jigging) that's enhanced by the shield.
minicop.mark.closed.jpg

Victorinox Pioneer: I love Alox, especially if it's colored with some "age-fade" to it, and the Old Cross insignia adds to the overall appeal for me.
red.OC.pioneer.mark.open.jpg

AG Russell Mohawk Canoe: the symmetry of the canoe pattern and its smooth profile are a big draw for me, and stag is perhaps my favorite cover material.
mohawk.mark.main.jpg

An Ashley's Choice lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO from A. Wright & Son: more choice stag on a swayback frame and an interesting blade shape.
cj.pile.Vstand.deck.sky.jpg

Rough Rider Half-Hawk: dark, rich smooth tobacco bone with acorn shield and a superb blade combo on a big, solid knife.
halfhawk2.mark.open.jpg

(I think my Case knives with chestnut jigged bone and CV blades are incredibly attractive, but I couldn't decide which of the 8 patterns I have to include. My "first runner-up" would probably be the chestnut Swayback Jack.)

- GT

I have my knives listed in several categories (Alox SAK, sowbelly stockman, canoe, international, etc.), so I thought it would be fairly easy to identify the best looker(s) in each category, and then pick the 5 "best of the best" from that. But I was wrong! :eek::( I easily generated a list of at least 15 handsome knives, and found it almost impossible to reduce the list. So I'll post 5 of my knives I think look great, but I won't claim they're my 5 best-looking.
Case mini copperhead: gorgeous bone (both color and jigging) that's enhanced by the shield.
View attachment 1505430

Victorinox Pioneer: I love Alox, especially if it's colored with some "age-fade" to it, and the Old Cross insignia adds to the overall appeal for me.
View attachment 1505433

AG Russell Mohawk Canoe: the symmetry of the canoe pattern and its smooth profile are a big draw for me, and stag is perhaps my favorite cover material.
View attachment 1505434

An Ashley's Choice lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO from A. Wright & Son: more choice stag on a swayback frame and an interesting blade shape.
View attachment 1505439

Rough Rider Half-Hawk: dark, rich smooth tobacco bone with acorn shield and a superb blade combo on a big, solid knife.
View attachment 1505440

(I think my Case knives with chestnut jigged bone and CV blades are incredibly attractive, but I couldn't decide which of the 8 patterns I have to include. My "first runner-up" would probably be the chestnut Swayback Jack.)

- GT

Completely agree about aged Alox. Your Pioneer looks wonderful IMHO.

5K Qs 5K Qs I’ve said it before but your blue bone Case proves it once again - no one in the cutlery business can jig a modern knife the way Case can - they never “lost it” when it comes to beautiful jigging. OH

This is a great thread! Let me see what I can come up with.
1971 Case Stockman 6392

GEC Easy Pocket Half Congress SFO Snakewood

1995 Queen made Moore Maker Muskrat

1990 Case Brothers Prototype Splitback Whittler in Snakeskin Bone

2019 Case Prime Stag 52009 1/2 Barlow

Back