Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

PSK EDC + Seb21 for Monday.
Eh2Z5Sm.jpg
LPRAeIQ.jpg

Last edited:
Camillus Lev-R-Lok & Menards no name special that came in a meat butcher package.

It’s cheap, easy to keep sharp, and a killer soft and secure rubber grip. My hand got chewed and stung up by a swarm of Wasp yesterday, so it’s back to easy and reliable blades for today’s chores that are easy to grip and maneuver.

View attachment 1423231

Took it easy yesterday and kept ice and salves on the hand, so no heavy work the last 48 hours. Decided to clean out and restock some of my grab and go hunting bags I like to keep loaded up for spur of the moment getaways. This is in bag #1, mainly for larger deer sized game:

All Americans Frontier 3” Lock Back Folder.
Kershaw 3.375” LoneRock ZipIt Pro Model Gutter.
Marttiini 3 1/4” Little Classic.

View attachment 1424495

And for my back at camp, inside the truck, for all around use bag of gear:

Buck 898 Impact Automatic.
Buck 692 4.125” Vanguard-R.
Buck 102 4” Woodsman.

View attachment 1424496

Looks like you’re ready alright :thumbsup:
Welcome back!

Took it easy yesterday and kept ice and salves on the hand, so no heavy work the last 48 hours. Decided to clean out and restock some of my grab and go hunting bags I like to keep loaded up for spur of the moment getaways. This is in bag #1, mainly for larger deer sized game:

All Americans Frontier 3” Lock Back Folder.
Kershaw 3.375” LoneRock ZipIt Pro Model Gutter.
Marttiini 3 1/4” Little Classic.

View attachment 1424495

And for my back at camp, inside the truck, for all around use bag of gear:

Buck 898 Impact Automatic.
Buck 692 4.125” Vanguard-R.
Buck 102 4” Woodsman.

View attachment 1424496

Stepped into the wayback machine on Sunday - been carrying these three ever since. (I've had 2 of the three for at least 20 yrs - original owner. The Queen was received in trade from a member here... he wanted it to go to a person that would appreciate, carry, and use it; and, after several years, I can say that I do all three.
View attachment 1424647

Looks like you’re ready alright :thumbsup:
Welcome back!

Thanks buddy,

It was quite the spectacle, I left outside a pair of heavy leather work gloves that got wet in the rain. Naturally I just hung them on the clothes line to dry out for a couple of days. After a quick shake off incase a spider crawled up inside I put them on.

Sort of a gooey crunch emitted from one of the fingers as I pulled it on tighter. Instant burning pain with a vibration feeling. I was able to fling it off (no Velcro wrist straps), but the damage was done. Paper wasp had set up a small nest inside, deep down in the finger areas. Shaking it out first only got them pissed off and ready to attack. Luckily it was just a half dozen or so (that I saw a least) as they have pretty small nests to start off with.

Immediately I washed it off with ammonia and soaked a towel in it too, to hold against the skin. Took 10mg of Prednisone and 50mg of Benadryl to counteract any of the sting juice that probably got inside my skin. No stingers to pull out as they don’t lose them when they sting you.

Just stiff today, no real pain, and hardly any marks. I got lucky on that one, really lucky.

Last edited:
Gosh... just reading your message gave me a feeling of scare/apprehension!

Good to have you back safe,
Sincerely,
Aryan
Thanks buddy,

It was quite the spectacle, I left outside a pair of heavy leather work gloves that got wet in the rain. Naturally I just hung them on the clothes line to dry out for a couple of days. After a quick shake off incase a spider crawled up inside I put them on.

Sort of a gooey crunch emitted from one of the fingers as I pulled it on tighter. Instant burning pain with a vibration feeling. I was able to fling it off (no Velcro wrist straps), but the damage was done. Paper wasp had set up a small nest inside, deep down in the finger areas. Shaking it out first only got them pissed off and ready to attack. Luckily it was just a half dozen or so (that I saw a least) as they have pretty small nests to start off with.

Immediately I washed it off with ammonia and soaked a towel in it too, to hold against the skin. Took 10mg of Prednisone and 50mg of Benadryl to counteract any of the sting juice that probably got inside my skin. No stingers to pull out as they don’t lose them when they sting you.

Just stiff today, no real pain, and hardly any marks. I got lucky on that one, really lucky.

Back