Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

Whoa! Sounds like you’re having fun:thumbsup:, might even make some of us envious, what with the freedom of archery, shooting range (rifle) and carrying as many knives, all put together, who wouldn’t be? :D
Yeah ... but it ain't all fun and games though.
For example, residents are not allowed to cook (not even in our room) so while the meals are all "edible" (won't kill you or make you sick if you eat it) they are not necessarily "eatable" (won't kill you or make you sick if you eat it, and it tastes good)
We only get biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Wednesday, On the days they have eggs, the eggs are ALWAYS over cooked and scrambled, and usually the "hot" meals are almost warm.
The "coffee" (note quotes) is "why bother?" decaf, as is the tea. No coffee pots are allowed in the resident's rooms, so we can't make our own with caffeine.
No snacks , moo juice or fruit juice/sugar free Kool-Ade after 8 P.M. (we can have water after 8 P.M., but that ain't no beverage, and IMHO, ain't worth drinking.)

On the "plus side" the rent includes meals, laundry (so long as it isn't dry clean) meds, satellite TV and Internet access, and utilities. (but not a cellphone), cleaning the resident's rooms (including the half bath most residents have, and TP) and if needed, assistance taking a shower, getting your diaper changed (gosh would either of those be embarrassing!!! Glad I don't need those services.) ...
Sadly rent does not include products that contain nicotine, or caffeinated foods or beverages.

Thanks to the Covid 19 scare/ threat, they've lifted the everyone has to eat together rule. Now only four persons are eating in the dining room, and they have to sit no less than 3 feet apart. (these four have all misplaced and/or lost their brains and cannot be trusted to remember to eat and/or chew and/or swallow unsupervised) The rest of us get to eat in our room. I prefer to eat alone in my room, anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah ... but it ain't all fun and games though.
For example, residents are not allowed to cook (not even in our room) so while the meals are all "edible" (won't kill you or make you sick if you eat it) they are not necessarily "eatable" (won't kill you or make you sick if you eat it, and it tastes good)
We only get biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Wednesday, On the days they have eggs, the eggs are ALWAYS over cooked and scrambled, and usually the "hot" meals are almost warm.
The "coffee" (note quotes) is "why bother?" decaf, as is the tea. No coffee pots are allowed in the resident's rooms, so we can't make our own with caffeine.
No snacks , moo juice or fruit juice/sugar free Kool-Ade after 8 P.M. (we can have water after 8 P.M., but that ain't no beverage, and IMHO, ain't worth drinking.)

On the "plus side" the rent includes meals, laundry (so long as it isn't dry clean) meds, satellite TV and Internet access, and utilities. (but not a cellphone), cleaning the resident's rooms (including the half bath most residents have, and TP) and if needed, assistance taking a shower, getting your diaper changed (gosh would either of those be embarrassing!!! Glad I don't need those services.) ...
Sadly rent does not include products that contain nicotine, or caffeinated foods or beverages.

Thanks to the Covid 19 scare/ threat, they've lifted the everyone has to eat together rule. Now only four persons are eating in the dining room, and they have to sit no less than 3 feet apart. (these four have all misplaced and/or lost their brains and cannot be trusted to remember to eat and/or chew and/or swallow unsupervised) The rest of us get to eat in our room. I prefer to eat alone in my room, anyway.

Greetings,
What seems like a greener pasture, may not be so. May God bless those in need. You take care, I hope our knife hobby keeps the spirits high.
Aryan

Last edited:
Laguiole+Mini Fox River
Wood&Micarta, Just Black.
iqdgb10.jpg

Last edited:
That top fixed blade of yours, looks very much like a bushcraft knife:thumbsup:, very interesting, how heavy is it?
Many Thanks.

It’s definitely bushcraft inspired, but it’s a normal saber grind. Great for all around use. The specs say it’s 8.18oz. I’m not sure if that’s including the sheath. If I have time I will weigh it when I get home and let you know.

your welcome, the slicey para 3 compliments the heavy duty Carothers well. A very logical carry. I don’t get the idea of carrying a smaller fixed blade/larger folder. But then again I’m just a random guy on the internet so what do I know?
your welcome, the slicey para 3 compliments the heavy duty Carothers well. A very logical carry. I don’t get the idea of carrying a smaller fixed blade/larger folder. But then again I’m just a random guy on the internet so what do I know?

They do make a great pair because of that.
I pretty much feel the same way.
I tried carrying a BRKT Bravo Necker with a Spyderco Military years ago and it just felt odd.

Back