Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

I love autos, but cannot carry ‘em everywhere, You know...
beautiful Protech you got there:thumbsup:
20210112-070842.jpg

That’s a great looking combo Bro.
What’s the weight of that custom Damascus blade? Sure looks very pretty :thumbsup::cool:

Its got some heft to it! Its the thickest piece of Damasteel they sell and I went for inch and a quarter x 9".
I've been carrying it scout style and you really don't notice it at all. He does some great leather work too!!
Ill ask him if he weighed it. I don't have anything that can weigh it. My scale only does my 280 fat ass pounds!

Oh sure it looks tough enough!

Its got some heft to it! Its the thickest piece of Damasteel they sell and I went for inch and a quarter x 9".
I've been carrying it scout style and you really don't notice it at all. He does some great leather work too!!
Ill ask him if he weighed it. I don't have anything that can weigh it. My scale only does my 280 fat ass pounds!

So , Phillip said he didn't weigh it but he figures about 8-9 ounces. He also said I could be way off too so!!
Who knows! Ill toss it on a scale if the opportunity presents itself!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend brother!!

Thanks bro,
I find that your knife looks solidly built and tough, and pretty too :cool:

nice weekend to you too,
Regards

So , Phillip said he didn't weigh it but he figures about 8-9 ounces. He also said I could be way off too so!!
Who knows! Ill toss it on a scale if the opportunity presents itself!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend brother!!

Well today, it's this pair. A Hogue Deka and Winkler SD-1. They're close to the same size, but that's the size that works best for me in general, everyday use. I carry both more as a matter of where I use a knife rather than having a variety of blade sizes. A fixed blade is always my first choice for using, but sometimes my location "suggests" a smaller folder. And, the Deka is a better slicer with its thinner blade and 15 dps edge. I keep the Winkler's thicker blade stock at 20 dps.

EDC Pair.jpg

Back