Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

GEC#62, BravoEDC and Inkosi, just micarta:)
zBHgJSZ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your comments and compliments.

The Vaguard is strictly for my deer hunting bag. Is blade length is at the upper limit of what I like to use when reaching up inside and blindly severing the trachea and esophagus. However the blade shape and especially the rubber ribbed handle are in my opinion ideally designed.

I tested it out (for a solid no slip grip) while wearing dish washing gloves and poured liquid dish soap on the handle to slick it up. My hand grip had zero slippage, so my confidence is high that it will perform as well as I am hoping it does.

A Buck knife was something we could only dream about as a kid growing up, and ogling at the stores glass display case down at the old Ben Franklin was the best we could hope for back then. Now days we have a few more options.

I upgraded all our hunting and fishing bags this past spring and summer with all the necessary essentials, so all the kids and son in laws are good to go at a moments notice now, no excuses. This Vanguard however went into my bag, and as I was just going through the bags this week taking inventory, I snapped a few pictures specifically for your post (more to come, just want to spread them out).

The Spyderco Tanto was the one that really caught my eye. It was a BladeHQ exclusive, and I was lucky enough to get an order in as they sold out very fast and the website was extremely slow and kept timing out. But I’m glad I kept at it, it’s very well constructed, the fit and finish is flawless on mine, it feels like a well made overbuilt tool in hand, I am very pleased with it, and it’s good looking too.

That Spyderco has some style.

Also, my Dad gave me a Vanguard when I was 12. 28 years later and it's still a blade that appeals to me.

Thanks for sharing.

That’s a very nice combo :thumbsup::cool:

I’ve had Buck Vanguard on my wish list since some time, but other knives took it’s place... maybe someday soon :)

Take care and be safe brother.

Do please share all/any pics of your knives. It’d be our pleasure as usual, imo :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your comments and compliments.

The Vaguard is strictly for my deer hunting bag. Is blade length is at the upper limit of what I like to use when reaching up inside and blindly severing the trachea and esophagus. However the blade shape and especially the rubber ribbed handle are in my opinion ideally designed.

I tested it out (for a solid no slip grip) while wearing dish washing gloves and poured liquid dish soap on the handle to slick it up. My hand grip had zero slippage, so my confidence is high that it will perform as well as I am hoping it does.

A Buck knife was something we could only dream about as a kid growing up, and ogling at the stores glass display case down at the old Ben Franklin was the best we could hope for back then. Now days we have a few more options.

I upgraded all our hunting and fishing bags this past spring and summer with all the necessary essentials, so all the kids and son in laws are good to go at a moments notice now, no excuses. This Vanguard however went into my bag, and as I was just going through the bags this week taking inventory, I snapped a few pictures specifically for your post (more to come, just want to spread them out).

The Spyderco Tanto was the one that really caught my eye. It was a BladeHQ exclusive, and I was lucky enough to get an order in as they sold out very fast and the website was extremely slow and kept timing out. But I’m glad I kept at it, it’s very well constructed, the fit and finish is flawless on mine, it feels like a well made overbuilt tool in hand, I am very pleased with it, and it’s good looking too.

It’s my pleasure to be able to share with you folks here, and thank you Arian29 Arian29 & J jfk1110 for all of your extra support in so many ways.

Spyderco Bow River, Buck 102 Woodsman, Spyderco PM2 (I wish I would have bought 2, I like it that much).
View attachment 1508531

Definitely appreciate you stopping in here. Love seeing what you are carrying!! That Buck is a damn fine sexy little knife too!! as always, thanks for sharing and your input as well..

James

Those 3 are very beautiful. :thumbsup::cool:
Your pics and comments are always welcome,
I have learnt from your knives just as from our friend J jfk1110 James’ pics, you both carry impressive combos.
and I have read your quotes in BF where you help members, appreciating and encouraging peoples’ efforts in any way possible... that is a great service to BF and our knife community as a whole (imo)
Cheers

It’s my pleasure to be able to share with you folks here, and thank you Arian29 Arian29 & J jfk1110 for all of your extra support in so many ways.

Spyderco Bow River, Buck 102 Woodsman, Spyderco PM2 (I wish I would have bought 2, I like it that much).
View attachment 1508531

Back