Fixed blade knives.

They must not sell many fixed blade knives. They are so rare in the second hand market. I guess most people either don't have a use for them or cannot carry them legally. Curious to see the sales figures. Anybody else into the fixed blades?

Last edited:
I own 58 fixed blades (out of a collection of 352 knives) and 15 of those are Spydercos.

Except for some odd models, Spyderco can pretty much sell everything they make and there are still many available from dealers and on the 2ndary market depending on what you are most interested in.

One of my favorite Spyderco fixed blades is the Serrata which is grossly unloved and underappreciated.

Its weight/mass belies it's size and it would made a great camp/bush knife. I own one and it's one of the few knives currently "in stock" and available from Spyderco, as well as from authorized dealers on the Net.

Last edited:
I buy about 95% of my knives second hand, not many come up on here or other sites, hence my question. That Serrata is a unique knife with the cast 440C. I do realize they sell everything, but I was wondering how many they sell. I think my last question has been answered by the response, or lack of lol. Fixed knives are more of a niche than folders I would think.

Last edited:
I buy about 95% of my knives second hand, not many come up on here or other sites, hence my question. That Serrata is a unique knife with the cast 440C. I do realize they sell everything, but I was wondering how many they sell. I think my last question has been answered by the response, or lack of lol. Fixed knives are more of a niche than folders I would think.

Niche?

IDK, seems like there are a lot of fixed blade fans on BF. Some ppl just focus on one type of knife. I'm a bit "different" in that I buy a lot of knives in different styles -- auto, bali, karambit/SD, standard folder (flipper, assisted & manual) as well as fixed.

Most of the knives I own I bought 2nd hand too.

CPK seems to be one of the most popular fixed blade brands on BF right now. I own 2 of them -- a DEK1 and a UF1. That's enough for now but I am interested in seeing what the DEK3 looks like when it's finally released.

I bought both of my CPKs off of the Exchange and there are always more fixed blades offered everyday. Also just purchased a RMJ Choppa off of the Exchange and plan to buy a RMJ Sparrow w/the same handle material from a dealer to make a matching pair.

However, I agree, you don't see many Spydercos offered on in the Exchange on BF.

Why is that? Again, IDK but maybe it's because ppl on BF who own Spydero fixed blades would rather keep than sell them. Then again, there are still a lot of fixed blade Spydercos offered for sale on EB, where I bought most of the Spyderco fixed blade knives that I own.

Just passed on a Gen 1 Janich/Snody Ronin offered for sale on EB that just didn't seem "right" to me and I'd still like to find one of those LNIB (which I have also seen offered in the past).

I EDC a Spyderco fixed blade, and have a spare. Was tough to find them second hand.

Sal has said more than once that has been tough breaking into the fixed blade market as a company known for folders. Sorry he didn't decide to reverse a forty-five year policy of not making sales records public just to satisfy your curiosity.

Sal has said more than once that has been tough breaking into the fixed blade market as a company known for folders. Sorry he didn't decide to reverse a forty-five year policy of not making sales records public just to satisfy your curiosity.
Ooh sarcasm, I am not up on all of Spyderco's policy/rules(are they listed somewhere or expected to just know them). Wow I struck a nerve apparently, not sure why, just a simple question. I have not seen/heard Sal mention the fact it is hard to break into the market, thanks for the information.

I Love me a good fixed blade and have a "few"...
For my use and likes, I just don't find that Spyderco offers what I purchase..

Some I would like to try, but not at the point I would spend the money.

The bigger fixed blades, come with a bigger price tag. At which point, you get a massive chunk of vg-10..
(Yes, I know the province, as well and not vg10.)
Still, at that point, I can buy 2x Gransfor bruks.. If I need a knife that size, I'll just carry a hatchet or axe. Maybe a kuhkri, to go with it.
I gutted, skinned and even boned deer this year with a TPK mini Raptor and mini Samurai.. the TPK Mid, felt too big for that use.

Some years back, I had custom sheaths made, to carry a Dragonfly 2, as a fixed blade.
Even my Mule's, I customize.. (think Stretch, fixed blade).. (Top and bottom)
Just remove some steel..
Come to think of it. A Stretch fixed blade, would be Glorious!
Or a UKPK, drop point, as a fixed blade!! (Great size and feel in hand!)

Like sgt1372 sgt1372 ... I liked my RMJ's. Jackdaw, UCAP, Coho, utsidashi and a few other models.. (Sparrow is the same handle as Coho and Jackdaw)
They feel good in hand and a good size.

I have since sold all my RMJ's but a Coho. I found Tactical Pterodactyl, for my EDC fixed, now..

Last edited:
Back