Fixed Blade Pocket Sheath - Offset Clip

bikerector

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I mostly just wanted to show off the sheath because I've not had a pocket sheath for a fixed before. I've always carried them on a belt or in a pack.

I have to give some credit to collector knives' fixed blade clip pocket sheath for getting the idea to work with a sheath maker to design something similar but different. The biggest difference is the offset clip so that the sheath carries like a modern folder. Going custom also came about that wharncliffe sheaths for general knife fit options are non-existent.

I tried the @HardedgeKnives wharnie with supplied kydex with a teklok for a while and it worked well for carrying but it left a lot to be desired for day to day use as I just wasn't great at getting the knife back into the kydex one-handed. Problem solved now and it's much nicer for EDC.

Enough typing, to some pictures.

7JT3ZDhh.jpg

HujZVO9h.jpg

tMP3prXh.jpg

I didn't feel like putting my jeans back on as I was in PJ's for the evening already but here's an in pocket look.
l8ALThzh.jpg

nUHFLush.jpg

Looks real nice. I like the off set clip might try that if I decide I want to pocket a fixed blade again.

It looks like the pocket sheath attaches to whatever is in the other leather sheath. Why?

Great idea by the way!

It looks like the pocket sheath attaches to whatever is in the other leather sheath. Why?

Great idea by the way!

That looks like it's just the way the leather Fob/lanyard hangs. I don't think it's atttached. look at the photos above it, there's nothing to attach it to.

How is the inside of the sheath, doesn't the inside of the clip scratch the knife?

There is a liner layer of leather add durability and keep the clip and knife from hitting each other. It's been pretty durable up to this point.

GTs6Q61l.jpg

Back