REK Q fixed blade thread

A sweet package arrived today that I was waiting on... and WOW am I pleased w/ how these have turned out so far! everything from the jimping to the perfect alignment of the scales to the tang.

i-sW75Qrp-X4.jpg
i-WgzdtWf-X2.jpg
i-DPKDdDv-X4.jpg

The center groove in the handle allows for a LOT of comfortable control, including almost being a thumb ramp for a sideways grip

i-LnPpr5L-X4.jpg

i-wfxm7ZT-X4.jpg

Now to rough grind, heat treat, final grind and finish, sheaths and laser :)

A sweet package arrived today that I was waiting on... and WOW am I pleased w/ how these have turned out so far! everything from the jimping to the perfect alignment of the scales to the tang.

i-sW75Qrp-X4.jpg
i-WgzdtWf-X2.jpg
i-DPKDdDv-X4.jpg

The center groove in the handle allows for a LOT of comfortable control, including almost being a thumb ramp for a sideways grip

i-LnPpr5L-X4.jpg

i-wfxm7ZT-X4.jpg

Now to rough grind, heat treat, final grind and finish, sheaths and laser :)
Just a few minor details to still take care of, thanks for the pictures these are looking like a great tool, really looking forward to the finished product!:D:)

Last edited:
Now those are looking great !!!!
So I have to ask :) how does the steel look on the flats as is ? Could the the flats be left untouched giving that raw dimple steel look ?

Now those are looking great !!!!
So I have to ask :) how does the steel look on the flats as is ? Could the the flats be left untouched giving that raw dimple steel look ?
Thanks brother! Yeah that's the plan... I'm just not sure about 100% untouched, they have some light rust spots on them now that I would like to get cleaned up. But I was gonna leave the rolled mill finish.

Wow those look beautiful! I had no idea haha. Nah no worries, I love to see others work :)

Really like that one on the right in the second Pic! Looking forward to seeing what you make for it :thumbsup:

That one has a removable belt loop attachment. It secures at loop on back of sheath and two straps wrap around.

Well, I've been continuing to get these roughed in, had to scribe all the lines where I wanted everything before I even started :)

i-LSzrNCL-X3.jpg

And yeah, this is a perfect scenario for a jig so no shame here! :)
i-mFZTVCq-X3.jpg

And I'm doing a one off for an auction probably, just for something a little different and fun

i-Rvn3GVw-X2.jpg

Well, I've been continuing to get these roughed in, had to scribe all the lines where I wanted everything before I even started :)

i-LSzrNCL-X3.jpg

And yeah, this is a perfect scenario for a jig so no shame here! :)
i-mFZTVCq-X3.jpg

And I'm doing a one off for an auction probably, just for something a little different and fun

i-Rvn3GVw-X2.jpg
Really like the grind on that Josh! Nice hollow into a beefy tip, a real winner. ;):)

Back