REK Q fixed blade thread

Excellent Josh!
Good to put a face to the
name and see where all of my regrinds were performed.

Thanks dude! Yep... Now you'll know me if I ever make it to the blade show at the same time any of you guys do hahaha :)

I'm clueless how you can freehand such clean grind lines.

Really nice work. Cool workshop, too.

A LOT of muscle memory... And time lol, takes forever but it's worth it. I'm still trying to figure out the best belt and method for finish grinding all these as efficient as possible.

... and keep doing it over and over o_O Pretty amazing huh? Witness the trained professional with some magic mixed in :thumbsup: Very :cool: Josh.

Thanks brother!

The hardest part of this thing to resist is...you won’t have to send it in for a regrind! Kind of a cruel marketing ploy if you ask me. Lolz

Well... That part is true... These things are gonna cut amazingly well! I gotta step up to the plate above the other competition out there so that's one way I can do it! :)

Not that you will need another blade after I regrind your other 2 you dropped off, they're gonna be sick! :cool:

More entertainment! :D

Now... what other types of tests would you guys like to see?

I would also like any feedback about the video itself... less talking more action? too much music? rambling? etc

I like the soft music.
Not overbearing or trying too hard to prove anything.
And, you know, we all like action.
Nice job Josh, but we want to see what you're throwing on that smoker!;)

I can derail my own thread right :D

thanks for the feedback! This was a few months ago... I absolutely love smoked chicken! (as well as pulled pork :)) but I also love BACON hahaha

some cured and smoked bacon

i-2DCGskr-L.jpg

chicken

i-SgbFpGw-X2.jpg

I like it !!!!! Video was really good, not shaken or all about the place. Music was very nice in the background. The narrative was very descriptive and well done. Great job all around :) As for other tests ??? Well that can get endless and get away from the knifes purpose. If I’m saying that correctly ??? Lol :)

Looks and sounds great Josh, is that going to be the final edge geometry with the micro bevel? After chopping with it cut through rope, ie does it still have an aggressive edge?

Looks and sounds great Josh, is that going to be the final edge geometry with the micro bevel? After chopping with it cut through rope, ie does it still have an aggressive edge?
Yeah man it seems like a good edge geometry and is quite adjustable from this point depending on uses. Yeah the edge is still very aggressive. More testing to come though to be sure!

Getting ready to send out an email for sign ups! The only reason I'm doing that is because I need to know sheath options (need to know how many drop loops to order) among other options, and see how much interest there is. If you have already contacted me your spot is locked in so don't worry :) But do please complete the email (other than you duramax duramax since you are making your own).

i-gg4Rr7p-X2.jpg
i-vdZf2b8-XL.jpg

Well the sheath process is about to start end of this week! I'm so excited :)

Check out this full satin finish customized Quarantine... I'm reserving 2 out of the batch for auction pieces and this is one of them. Has a large radius (36") hollow grind with neon green liners. The liner material is pretty thin so it will add less than 1/16" thickness ot the handle profile.

i-dTSr7p6-XL.jpg
i-KDfhmWK-X2.jpg

Well the sheath process is about to start end of this week! I'm so excited :)

Check out this full satin finish customized Quarantine... I'm reserving 2 out of the batch for auction pieces and this is one of them. Has a large radius (36") hollow grind with neon green liners. The liner material is pretty thin so it will add less than 1/16" thickness ot the handle profile.

i-dTSr7p6-XL.jpg
i-KDfhmWK-X2.jpg
That profile on the handle looks very comfy. Looking forward to having one in my hand.;)

Back