Fixed blade to give as a gift

Ok. My brother in law wants a fixed blade to carry with him while at work that uses a leather belt sheath. I told him something with a 3 to 4 inch blade would probably work beat for him and he agreed. He doesn't want anything that looks military or tactical though and by that he meams he wants something that has a wood looking handle or at least something that is not the black style handle. He is also a big fan of tanto style blade. That's not necessary but if there is one out there like that he would probably really like it.

trying to keep the budget to around $100

lets hear some ideas

by the way he liked the benchmade saddle mountain hunter style blade as well.

I will second the bk24 (although I've only had my 14 since yesterday). I love the blade, but I'm not sold on the factory sheath. The knife with custom scales and a leather sheath would probably run about $100. The bk16 is a great knife, but definately not what I would want at work. It is bulkier to carry than a 14 or 24. And either of the smaller blades should be more than capable of most work tasks.

How about a custom, hand made JK Element 01?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1218038-Element-O1-Now-Available-To-Order

DSCN1998.jpg

best

mqqn

Dpx hest II safari , and the woodsman models. Great knives with the leather sheaths u are looking for

Really like the look of that custom. I think the dpx would work as well if it didn't have the black coating on the blade

Yeah the HEST II Woodsman/Safari is excellent. He'll like the pry tool too.

Mine is satin Sleipner. No coating. Perfect knife.

Back