FK2

91bravo

Gold Member
Got my FK2 in today, thanks to another member here! It feels very similarish to the original FK in feel, but with slightly more swell to the handle and the handle itself is a little shorter. Mashed Cat sheath fits like a glove. Comfortable in the hand and will fit a wide array of hand sizes, from small to large. It's nice, but doesn't speak to me like my HDFK does. Maybe it's because I'm partial to larger knives. Anyways, here's some pics! Post em up if you got em!

iif0Vgl.jpg

jXVD2FU.jpg

vDJsQUb.jpg

ASdMdio.jpg

9dnvTtU.jpg

lnaYXHq.jpg

tYfO97l.jpg

Z7vRInm.jpg

Got my FK2 in today, thanks to another member here! It feels very similarish to the original FK in feel, but with slightly more swell to the handle and the handle itself is a little shorter. Mashed Cat sheath fits like a glove. Comfortable in the hand and will fit a wide array of hand sizes, from small to large. It's nice, but doesn't speak to me like my HDFK does. Maybe it's because I'm partial to larger knives. Anyways, here's some pics! Post em up if you got em!

iif0Vgl.jpg

jXVD2FU.jpg

vDJsQUb.jpg

ASdMdio.jpg

9dnvTtU.jpg

lnaYXHq.jpg

tYfO97l.jpg

Z7vRInm.jpg

Very nice looking knife, Jonny. The FK2 has me pretty curious, been wanting to see some thoughts from folks once they got it in hand.

Looks great Jonny. I'll take it off your hands if it continues to not speak to you.

I'll keep you in mind Marc, if I do decide to offload it. I'll just pass it along for what I got it for...:thumbsup:

Very nice looking knife, Jonny. The FK2 has me pretty curious, been wanting to see some thoughts from folks once they got it in hand.

It's a well executed knife! I'm handling it right now and the burlap feels great, but I'm thinking I have knives in this size that feel a little bit better in hand to me. If only it had a little bit more swell, they feel kinda flat to me and that's what turned me off of the original FK. Either way, this knife is going to be a hit for CPK, as all their knives are!

We tested more hand swell. It reduced versatility in various Bushcraft grips. We have found that sometimes what feels the best in a static grip doesn't always work the best in real use.

Don't get me wrong Nathan, it's a great knife! Sharp as hell and beautifully executed! Honestly, I have WAY too many fixed blades in the 3.5"-4.5" range and I'm thinking this would serve a better purpose in the hands of someone who will actually use it. I'm a user and if I don't use it, I lose it...:)

I'll keep you in mind Marc, if I do decide to offload it. I'll just pass it along for what I got it for...:thumbsup:

It's a well executed knife! I'm handling it right now and the burlap feels great, but I'm thinking I have knives in this size that feel a little bit better in hand to me. If only it had a little bit more swell, they feel kinda flat to me and that's what turned me off of the original FK. Either way, this knife is going to be a hit for CPK, as all their knives are!

Congrats Marc :p

Going ahead and pulling up PayPal now......

Serious question for Mat, how long and hard does he get to fingerf*€k it before I am in my rights to beat him up on the price for it being used?

Bob, those all look great, really like the burlap UF and FK2, how does the burlap feel in hand?;)

Martin, I suppose purists would somehow want unbuffed burlap micarta rather than buffed, as these are. I'm never going to be a heavy user of most any knife, so I can't form an opinion with respect to anything more than moderate use, but the new UFK fits my hand better than the previous FK.

Back