FK2

well the sun still isn't cooperating but I took a few pictures to post until I get a better day … I thought the EDC2 was gorgeous (and it still is) … but I love the Koa scales he made for my FK2 ...

View attachment 1156853
View attachment 1156854
and the pair together ...

View attachment 1156855
View attachment 1156856

Stunning work Tony @TRfromMT ! :thumbsup:
Congrats on a very handsome pair of CPK's JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45 !! :)

I have a weakness for nice Koa when I deviate from synthetics. I may have to hit up Tony soon to get in line for something nice.

Phil

I’ve wanted to try out a CPK for a while and the FK2 seemed like the place to start. I was lucky enough to snag one on here today and I can’t wait to get it in hand. I think it will be the perfect fixed blade companion to my Small Sebenza.

I’ve wanted to try out a CPK for a while and the FK2 seemed like the place to start. I was lucky enough to snag one on here today and I can’t wait to get it in hand. I think it will be the perfect fixed blade companion to my Small Sebenza.
Now for the tough part... a 3-4 day wait... anticipation building... building...

You’re going to love it.

Does anyone know how I might acquire a drop loop for the included Mashed Cat kydex sheath? The one I picked up came with a Tek-Lok and I prefer a little bit lower carry.

There are several aftermarket options but if you want the one specifically from Mashedcat, you can either go to his site or if he doesn't sell them separately, you can reach out to Mrs. Jo Carothers to buy the sheath which you want (I think that it's $35 plus $7.50 for shipping) and then sell your own Teklok sheath for like $25 or so, if there's a demand but to sell on here, you will need a $30 gold membership.

There are several aftermarket options but if you want the one specifically from Mashedcat, you can either go to his site or if he doesn't sell them separately, you can reach out to Mrs. Jo Carothers to buy the sheath which you want (I think that it's $35 plus $7.50 for shipping) and then sell your own Teklok sheath for like $25 or so, if there's a demand but to sell on here, you will need a $30 gold membership.
Thanks for the tips. I recently let my Gold membership lapse, but I'll probably renew soon. I am also looking at the Sagewood option - I believe the Small Belt Loop Sheath Adapter works.

Thanks for the tips. I recently let my Gold membership lapse, but I'll probably renew soon. I am also looking at the Sagewood option - I believe the Small Belt Loop Sheath Adapter works.

I don't know about a small but maybe. I was going to say a sz M from Brian at SWG.

ETA: I have a sz M made by Sagewood for my MashedCat sheath which I had ordered for my original FK aka FK1.

Pretty sure I have the size small - and that’s the size he lists on his website for the FK2

Hey bud good to see you. I was thinking the small would fit but couldn't remember for 100%

I am also looking at the Sagewood option - I believe the Small Belt Loop Sheath Adapter works.

If the question is drop loop attachment (or dangler for that matter) the answer is Sagewood IMO. Brian builds a great adapter.

Pretty sure I have the size small - and that’s the size he lists on his website for the FK2

Interesting because when I tried to fit sz S SWG dangler to my FK1 Mashedcat sheath, although it fitted, it was a bit wonky whereas the sz M fitted much better. Then again, you have yours fitted to the FK2 sheath per his website. Hmm!

ETA: my custom ordered kydex sheath for my FK1 from Eric Lind (MashedCat) is a pancake style kydex.

Last edited:
Interesting because when I tried to fit sz S SWG dangler to my FK1 Mashedcat sheath, although it fitted, it was a bit wonky whereas the sz M fitted much better. Then again, you have yours fitted to the FK2 sheath per his website. Hmm!
I also noticed on the Sagewood site that the maximum measurement for the small is 2.15" and the minimum for the medium is 2.15", so if the sheath measurement is within this overlap they both could fit.

Mat, are you referencing the original sheath for the FK1s, or did you have Eric build an aftermarket sheath?

Back