FK2

Aftermarket Dave. On the original mousy FK1 sheath, the sz S was fine ;)

Eric made a bunch of aftermarket ones for the original FK for quite a few of us :)

I thought maybe that's where the discrepancy between the size of the SWG adapter was coming in, but now I'm just confuzzled. However, those taco style sheaths that Eric built were the cat's meow :cool:

Hey bud good to see you.

Thanks, Dave. Yeah, I’ve been pretty quiet here and haven’t had much time for the knives :(

My gf and I took the child of one of her relatives (he’s 2 1/2 and a cute little bugger) out of foster care and are now raising him ourselves. We weren’t planning on kids this late in the game but here we are...:D
it’s been 3 life-changing months so far. Only 16 years to go...:confused:

(Sorry to derail the thread folks)

Last edited:
... and I went for the bee's knees, the pancake style :D

You can never go wrong with his pancake sheaths, they're slicker than heck :thumbsup:

You all seem like a great bunch of people. I'm happy to join the group on Friday. I'll definitely post pictures.

Best,
Matthew

Welcome Matthew. We'll be looking forward to pictures for sure!

Thanks, Dave. Yeah, I’ve been pretty quiet here and haven’t had much time for the knives :(

My gf and I took the child of one of her relatives (he’s 2 1/2 and a cute little bugger) out of foster care and are now raising him ourselves. We weren’t planning on kids this late in the game but here we are...:D

No worries on a derail Christian. I noticed you were quiet and hoped everything was well. Very sincerely wishing the best for you and yours in this endeavor brother.

^+1 to everything he said!
Oyster Oyster we need more people like you & your wife in this world. Stepping up like that takes big stones and bigger heart. I have no doubt that boy will grow into a great man & contributing member of society, thanks to y’all. Cheers, and best wishes :)

Thank you for the kind words Hard Knocks Hard Knocks Fullflat Fullflat

I guess sometimes life just throws something at you where you simply have to act. We watched the situation for a while and decided he should be with family. Ours is his 4th home (again, he’s only 2 1/2). Biggest challenge was that we received custody two months earlier than anticipated. Everything moved very quickly suddenly and before we had a chance to fully prepare. Happily, we’ve settled into a routine now :cool:

Can’t wait to give him his first knife! I’ll probably post a separate thread to get people’s thoughts. My first was a SAK, of course.
There’s also a BNIB EDC2 with antique micarta scales waiting for him when he’s ready :D

I'm still anxiously awaiting the delivery of my first Carothers knife and poring over all the pictures on this forum.

I do have a question regarding the handle scales - is it possible to order extra scales for the FK2? The one I bought comes with burlap Micarta, but I think I would also like a set of the OD green canvas Micarta.

Last edited:

I can relate to the life change ... hopefully he is healthy and happy now ... and much respect to you for stepping up and doing what you and your gf are doing!

I'm still anxiously awaiting the delivery of my first Carothers knife and poring over all the pictures on this forum.

I do have a question regarding the handle scales - is it possible to order extra scales for the FK2? The one I bought comes with burlap Micarta, but I think I would also like a set of the OD green canvas Micarta.

I believe you still have options for extra scales straight from the company since this is a current pattern, but I'd contact Jo directly and confirm that. If there is no stock of OD green, you might want to make a WTB post in the B/S/T thread to see if someone in here has some.

I believe you still have options for extra scales straight from the company since this is a current pattern, but I'd contact Jo directly and confirm that. If there is no stock of OD green, you might want to make a WTB post in the B/S/T thread to see if someone in here has some.
Thanks for the tips. How does one go about contacting Jo? I checked out the website and the contact page directed me to Facebook (which I am not on). I also have let my Gold membership lapse, so PM'ing is not an option at this moment.

FK2 headed (back) to bear camp

GsA3aPK.jpg

Back