FK2

I didn't get a 90 degree spine on my FK2 pre-order and hoping I won't regret that decision. I'm thinking if I miss it, I'll just grind in a small section for my firesteel immediately behind the thumb ramp or at the sharpening choil.

How many of you are getting a 90 degree spine?

Not me! I always carry a sturdy folder too, mostly Spydies which have that 90*. I also have fire steel striker in my kit. I do get the logic behind wanting it all in one knife, but for me at least, that was not much of a concern/want.

Still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my preorder. :eek: So many options, so many possibilities! :confused: Pretty sure I'm going with one as #badidea and swedged, in burlap, but what else to do? Should I just go with that one and call it a day? IDK... Ack!!! :(

Apologies to piss on the FK2 parade, well not really but:

Technically speaking, you all have UFKs. In fact, currently no one but only one person owns any true FK2s because Nathan considered the prior utilitarian finish as a UFK!

The only person who currently owns a true FK2 scored it in a Fun Friday Sale along with a tandem EDC3 in satin finish but that FK2 also had ano fasteners:

A8CBFCE0-3E1F-445D-B6CC-B566D5B7C74E.jpeg

Damn that’s a looker ^^^ Beautiful blades!

They are very exquisite but unfortunately none are mine :(

I think that I came in at 11th or maybe 33rd in that sale :D I mean if not first or seconds, the rest doesn’t matter! The person who won actually came in at 2nd but Dave (HardKnock) who scored first vacated his spot!

They are very exquisite but unfortunately none are mine :(

I think that I came in at 11th or maybe 33rd in that sale :D I mean if not first or seconds, the rest doesn’t matter! The person who won actually came in at 2nd but Dave (HardKnock) who scored first vacated his spot!

You mean if I had claimed those I'd currently be the only person on the planet with a true FK2?! See what happens when you all let me make my own decisions, gah!!! :mad: ;)

j/k....the gentleman and his son that walked away with them ended up with some nice blades, and I'm cool with that :cool:

You mean if I had claimed those I'd currently be the only person on the planet with a true FK2?! See what happens when you all let me make my own decisions, gah!!! :mad: ;)

j/k....the gentleman and his son that walked away with them ended up with some nice blades, and I'm cool with that :cool:

You’re a very generous fella Dave. Mi Amigo and my first mentor ;)

You’re a very generous fella Dave. Mi Amigo and my first mentor ;)

Man I'll tell you, I looked those over hard. But you know me, I'm too prone to let the 'USE IT!' bug bite me and those blades were just soooo nice. So while I'd like to claim generosity, it was more likely self-preservation if'n you all caught me with that satin/ano'd FK2 elbows deep in an elk lol.

ETA: It's been awhile now, hasn't it Mat? You've got a nice collection put together my friend.

Last edited:
….it was more likely self-preservation if'n you all caught me with that satin/ano'd FK2 elbows deep in an elk lol.

I will not repent for using the production (what the heck is this thing, a UFK?) UFK for that task however!

8lOGKYB.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies to piss on the FK2 parade, well not really but:

Technically speaking, you all have UFKs. In fact, currently no one but only one person owns any true FK2s because Nathan considered the prior utilitarian finish as a UFK!

The only person who currently owns a true FK2 scored it in a Fun Friday Sale along with a tandem EDC3 in satin finish but that FK2 also had ano fasteners:

View attachment 1218151
Mine identifies as an FK2.

No worries, I’m getting the satin finish and it will be my user. I just can’t resist the satin option. :D

No worries! Nathan's standard finish is good enough for me though.

I will not repent for using the production (what the heck is this thing, a UFK?) UFK for that task however!

xfdivdf.jpg

Where'd the pic go??? o_O Imgur take it down?

I'm still hoping the get my FK2 into an animal this year, but most likely it won't be an elk at this point. Just realized that our 4th rifle season is a bit earlier this year, and with my work schedule, I won't likely be able to get out on a leftover cow tag that I sometimes hunt if archery season fails (which it did). Still have plenty of time for a deer though.

No worries! Nathan's standard finish is good enough for me though.

Where'd the pic go??? o_O Imgur take it down?

I'm still hoping the get my FK2 into an animal this year, but most likely it won't be an elk at this point. Just realized that our 4th rifle season is a bit earlier this year, and with my work schedule, I won't likely be able to get out on a leftover cow tag that I sometimes hunt if archery season fails (which it did). Still have plenty of time for a deer though.

Is it showing now Jared? I've been having trouble with my imgur account lately.

I've been keeping up on your outings elsewhere, I'm betting you'll thump something yet bud :thumbsup: We have some good bull tags for rifle this year. First one is filled so some of the pressure if off. Two more to go.

Back