FK2

Dang it!
Now I want to try out one of those H&T with a sharp spine.
I don’t need 3 FK2’s though!

When NTL had said that this sucker can throw some sparks and then some, he wasn't kidding! Even when Nathan does something against his own grain, he does it in the now famed Nathan Carothers' meticulousness.

Good news / bad news for you Bryan is that you will have no shortage of takers for your older ones, if you decide to get a H/T with 90*. The problem is as to whether Nathan will still be offering some more like that?

When NTL had said that this sucker can throw some sparks and then some, he wasn't kidding! Even when Nathan does something against his own grain, he does it in the now famed Nathan Carothers' meticulousness.

Good news / bad news for you Bryan is that you will have no shortage of takers for your older ones, if you decide to get a H/T with 90*. The problem is as to whether Nathan will still be offering some more like that?
That may be a problem.
I don’t want to get rid of either of mine so I may need to get another if they’re available.
1st world problems are so tough!

Yeah the spine is a sharp 90 for sure. I would say unless you plan to really put it to use it isn’t worth it.
Buuuuttttttt that being said, if you are going to take the Field Knife to the field for field tasks (I can even field recommendations!), then it is a good option.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist - I think the hard thin swedged option would make a slick hunting combo; those ones look narrow enough at the tip for turns on the cuts. Thoughts?

I love this knife. Yesterday I went out to my wife’s uncles property to help him with a pecan tree that fell. Once I had got there we decided to cut the tree up and use it for smoking food and the fire pit in his yard.
hDy02Go.jpg

TIovhPY.jpg

Ended up with this pile to bring home for my smoker, all the other wood we stacked on his property and will end up splitting it.

JpNuDU8.jpg

Higher RC an issue at all or no worries about premature rolling edges cutting near bone?

The standard Delta protocol heat treat really is perfectly optimized for edge stability in regular and rough use. The higher hardness is a plate martensite which does give you a little bit more of a crisp edge but personally I like the standard heat treat best. some knife nuts that like to turn things up to 11 will appreciate the higher hardness, but to me the standard Delta 3V is the best there is.

The standard Delta protocol heat treat really is perfectly optimized for edge stability in regular and rough use. The higher hardness is a plate martensite which does give you a little bit more of a crisp edge but personally I like the standard heat treat best. some knife nuts that like to turn things up to 11 will appreciate the higher hardness, but to me the standard Delta 3V is the best there is.

Too much magic spellcasting voodoo.... D3V good (caveman speak)

My pair of swedged FK2's (one #badidea) should have been here Monday, Tuesday at the latest. :eek: They arrived at the Denver hub on Sunday morning (should have been to my PO that evening). Apparently after that, USPS decided to send them on a Caribbean vacation to Puerto Rico, where they arrived today. o_O :confused: :mad: :thumbsdown:

USPS case started, delivery address is correct in their system, hopefully they'll still arrive after their detour, maybe with a nice tan, lol. :rolleyes: Ack!

(Yes, Jo is aware of the situation.)

That's what you'll read, but it's not exactly the whole truth from what I was told on the phone. They're operating at a reduced capacity, so I was just thinking this was a 2-3 day delay from that. But apparently not... :eek:
The Postal Service has been "having trouble" for quite a while with lost contents and missing packages. They're deliveries are slower that they used to be and making a claim for insured packages gone missing is absurd. Good luck with yours, I hope it ends well for you.

I think it would work great for small to midsize ferro rods. Neat idea. I have the sharpened spine but also use it for scraping fat wood even finer than a feather stick. The choil would be less obtrusive but singular in purpose.
Let us know how you did it and how it works.

Back