FK2

I received my FK2 today ... I had been waiting for it to come out as I missed put on the first FK ...

I was anxious for it to get here ... and it did not disappoint !

I unpackaged it and notice right away the drop loop sheath improvement ... and the sheath fits perfectly ... and the knife draws easily ..

I always worry a bit about handles as some don't fit my hand the best ... I'll say the HDFK is probably the handle I would judge all others by ... and although the FK2 has a slightly smaller handle ... it is very well thought out and comfortable even in slightly larger hands ...

as always it came screaming sharp ...

I was excited and anxious to get it now I am anxious and excited to get out and use it!

Thanks for another great blade team CPK ... just a few quick pics ...

2019-02-16 14.25.34.jpg

2019-02-16 14.27.19.jpg

Last edited:
Just musing out loud (or musing while typing) - how is the belly on this thing gonna be for sharpening?

I literally studied the scratch pattern that is on the edge. The lines are basically perpendicular to the edge all through the belly clear to the tip. This means the knife is held against the belt and the arse-end swings through a pretty wide arc, pivoting around the belly when it is being sharpened. I'm imagining the dexterity and practice it takes to do this in the shop! I actually held the blade up in the air, imagining sharpening it against a belt. I am marveling at how sharp this thing is given the gyrations it must take to accomplish this.

Just musing out loud (or musing while typing) - how is the belly on this thing gonna be for sharpening?

I literally studied the scratch pattern that is on the edge. The lines are basically perpendicular to the edge all through the belly clear to the tip. This means the knife is held against the belt and the arse-end swings through a pretty wide arc, pivoting around the belly when it is being sharpened. I'm imagining the dexterity and practice it takes to do this in the shop! I actually held the blade up in the air, imagining sharpening it against a belt. I am marveling at how sharp this thing is given the gyrations it must take to accomplish this.

This is Bo's handiwork. He is literally an actual genius.

Mark and I are very good at this. Bo is actually great.

Practice, practice, practice... To be done correctly, you have to not only keep the edge perpendicular to the belt, but keep the edge angle to the belt proper as well. Several times over, repeatably, if you're progressing through different/higher grits too. Not easy at first, but can be learned, and gives you a GREAT edge when done right! :cool:

Last edited:
Practice, practice, practice... To be done correctly, you have to not only keep the edge perpendicular to the belt, but keep the edge angle to the belt proper as well. Several times over, repeatably, if you're progressing through different/higher grits too. Not easy at first, but can be learned, and gives you a GREAT edge when done right! :cool:

I will pop a beer and watch Nathan and Mark and Bo ... I'll happily test each as they finish ...

I know just call me Mr Helpful ...

Ive always used stones free hand ... I would probably come up with just a couple fingers left ... hard to sharpen as you sprinkle in the unicorn dust to complete a CPK.

Last edited:
I will pop a beer and watch Nathan and Mark and Bo ... I'll happily test east as they finish ...

I know just call me Mr Helpful ...

Ive always used stones free hand ... I would probably come up with just a couple fingers left ... hard to sharpen as you sprinkle in the unicorn dust to complete a CPK.

I learned to sharpen this way ~5 years ago, and haven't looked back! :cool: (In fact, I have a decent how-to thread in the MT&E s/f if you're so inclined to learn, or at least read about gettting started.) So much faster, and the results speak for themselves. Once I have an initial sharpening on a blade, all I usually need is a touch up on the leather belt with chrome compound to bring back the edge. Definitely a fast way to screw up though, if you're not careful! I think that it's still important to learn/know how to sharpen using other methods, but the bulk of my stuff gets done this way now.

3A2C3DBD-E45A-430F-B6E9-352D350EDB19.jpeg B08AAA6C-3946-4DA6-80FA-640FDF2FFF76.jpeg
I probably looked like an idiot running to my back yard at 6:45 Am to cut a few quick feathers. I’ll take these four blades out soon with a few others to see how the Fk2 stacks up. The Fk2 felt as if it had the best blade geometry of the bunch. It was comfortable but a little more handle girth would be appreciated. Damn, the Fk2 came scary sharp and it’s sharp looking too.

Last edited:
We're going to make 700 of them this year for regular sales. If that doesn't result in sales that stay open over the weekend we will do a pre-order. Perhaps around the end of the year. Folks will get what they've come for, we're working on it.

Just one of the many reasons there's no one better in this business than CPK.

Glad to see so many of you love your FK2. As mine makes it long journey back to Singapore, I won’t be there to receive it first time to enjoy the joy you guys are having. I will be heading to Manila today for a camping/hiking trip. HDFK will be with me during the trip and I hope I can bring it back safely. Wish me luck. I trust I will have some interesting HDFK pictures to share when I am back.

Cheers!

Don

Glad to see so many of you love your FK2. As mine makes it long journey back to Singapore, I won’t be there to receive it first time to enjoy the joy you guys are having. I will be heading to Manila today for a camping/hiking trip. HDFK will be with me during the trip and I hope I can bring it back safely. Wish me luck. I trust I will have some interesting HDFK pictures to share when I am back.

Cheers!

Don

Don safe travels and many happy trails :)

Cheers!

Don
Hey Don, please post some pics. I love seeing the outdoors trips from tropics.

Back