FK2

Shit. I probably should have mentioned somewhere at some point that we have some really cool vintage paper base Westinghouse material pulled out of an old Westinghouse switchgear that I made some Field knife scales from. I'm not sure it's Micarta, it smells more like melamine? I don't know, but it is stable, durable and interesting. I had it tested for asbestos and it is clean.

Shit. I probably should have mentioned somewhere at some point that we have some really cool vintage paper base Westinghouse material pulled out of an old Westinghouse switchgear that I made some Field knife scales from. I'm not sure it's Micarta, it smells more like melamine? I don't know, but it is stable, durable and interesting. I had it tested for asbestos and it is clean.
yes, please!

Nathan you are one enabling evil genius, I gotta send you props when its so richly deserved. @Jo the Machinist you are, to use a term from astrophysics, the dark matter (the Universe's invisible scaffolding) of the entire operation which keeps them yahoos over there at CPK together. My great appreciation and gratitude to you both. These are simply phenomenon:

RWTfmIc.jpg

kWDzXKJ.jpg

doKsdSl.jpg

More please more.... Can we have some more ?

I feel extra radiant now :D

ETA: would be really cool if you had enough to do some of the DEK1. Gotta hand it to you Nathan, you really really know how to do handle scales like not even close to your closest so called competition or peer group.

Last edited:
Nathan you are one enabling evil genius, I gotta send you props when its so richly deserved. @Jo the Machinist you are, to use a term from astrophysics, the dark matter (the Universe's invisible scaffolding) of the entire operation which keeps them yahoos over there at CPK together. My great appreciation and gratitude to you both. These are simply phenomenon:

RWTfmIc.jpg

kWDzXKJ.jpg

doKsdSl.jpg
Those are beautiful! Nice score.

0062FAB2-67EC-4DE8-8FA8-86E946A78A12.jpeg

One of the reasons they are so awesome. I posted this before but I am still wowed by it. They made these scales for me out of an old set of my cammies/BDUs from the Marine Corps that I turned into homemade micarta. A great knife for certain, only equaled by their customer service. It is so super cool how you can sometimes get a one-off. Almost custom without the price tag.

*cant find the picture now but when I wiped it down with mineral oil the green comes out a lot more, not better, just different.

Jo and Nathan, thank you again, this is by far my favorite knife. Personalized scales on an FK2 with sharpened spine.

View attachment 1394117

One of the reasons they are so awesome. I posted this before but I am still wowed by it. They made these scales for me out of an old set of my cammies/BDUs from the Marine Corps that I turned into homemade micarta. A great knife for certain, only equaled by their customer service. It is so super cool how you can sometimes get a one-off. Almost custom without the price tag.

*cant find the picture now but when I wiped it down with mineral oil the green comes out a lot more, not better, just different.

Jo and Nathan, thank you again, this is by far my favorite knife. Personalized scales on an FK2 with sharpened spine.

I love it when companies are willing to do those little things that only cost a little trouble but can make something that special.

When I lived in Cali a colleague of my fathers was traveling out there to meet up with family. I had never met him. He insisted my father have me meet them for dinner (awkward). We (his extended family and himself) met up at a Japanese restaurant. I got a steak (Kobe). My fathers associate found it very amusing that they took me to an upscale Japanese restaurant and I ordered steak. It was one of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten. No regrets on my end. I’m guessing he didn’t scrutinize the bill carefully - he may not have found it as amusing.

Back