• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Flash Sale - 7 Great Users!--Only Lannier left

JTB_5

Gold Member
Some of you may have read my giveaway thread in the Traditionals and Fixed Blades forum, but for those who haven't I've decided to reprioritize how I spend my time and money--repurposing much of it to pour back into my church, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. Part of that means I'm selling some of the knives in my collection. These knives are all users, but are all also very well cared for. Please feel welcome to post questions in the thread. If you wish to receive additional pictures, shoot me a direct message or post on my profile page and I'll try to respond promptly. Priority goes to those who post "I'll take it" either in the thread or in a direct message. I reserve the right to refuse a sale to anyone, but typically first taker gets the sale.

Here are the knives:

#1 This one is special. Roland Lannier "Why So Serious" in Corian with a bamboo backspacer. The knife is a liner lock and is more of a "modern traditional" because it shares in classical French knife-making design and techniques with a modern flare and modern materials. Roland is a true artist who likes to "shake things up" in the world of fine cutlery. Specs for the knife can be found on Roland's website. These knives are only available through European sellers, directly from Roland, or on the secondary market for US buyers who are reselling (like me!). Brand new the knife is over $400 with shipping & handling. This particular knife is well used with some faint scratches on the blade. It has been sharpened and is keen. The action is very smooth with a satisfying detent. The knife is slightly off centered but does not rub and there is the very faintest bit of side-to-side play. The knife is a real conversation piece if you take it out to a fine dinner and use it instead of those ridiculous serrated pieces of junk most restaurants use. Comes with tags, bamboo tube, and two silk pouches (one is frayed and was replaced. The other has a couple of blood stains--just ask if you want the story). Price PayPal G&S - $275
fullsizeoutput-2ec3.jpg

#2 I'm selling the next two knives as a set. The top is a case trapper in brown jigged delrin. I won this in one of the Mr. Knife box giveaways. Instead of giving it away, I thought I'd add it as a gift to the knife below, which is a Boker Tech Tool single blade. It is 12C27 high polished steel. I've removed the clip (but will include it) and also removed the glass breaker (which cannot be replaced) to make it look more traditional. Both knives show use with faint scratches on the blades. I've sharpened both and they have keen edges. The action on both are very good. The Case is slight off center with no rubbing and the Boker is dead center (it has an adjustable pivot). The case box is not original, but is from a sod buster I lost. The Boker box is original. Price PayPal G&S - $30 SOLD
fullsizeoutput_2ebf.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2ebc.jpeg

#3 This is a Lionsteel Bolus Clip point in very fine stag. I wanted to try this one when I first saw it, and managed to score this one on the Exchange for an outstanding price. I've used to knife for whittling and food prep and used a honing rod on the blade, but this one was so keen out of the box that I haven't sharpened it. The stag is really nice and this one fits great in hand--a real user! The blade and action are impeccable. Comes in original box and plastic bag. Price PayPal G&S - $110 SOLDfullsizeoutput_2eba.jpeg

#4 Great Eastern Cutlery #74 Stallion in Gabon Ebony. I bought this LNIT on one of Rob Bixby's YouTube consignment sales. It has Rob Bixby's edge, and Rob has one of the best edges you can get on a knife! I've only honed it with a rod to bring back the microbevel, and I've really only used the knife for food preparation (hence the patina). The ebony isn't jet black, but has some brown streaks here and there. The action is outstanding, and the blade is perfectly centered. I love this knife, but it has to go. Comes with original tube and wax paper. Price PayPal G&S $140 SOLD
fullsizeoutput_2ec4.jpeg

These next two are a couple of prized possessions, and they aren't likely to be made again so I hope they go to someone who'll love them as much as I have.

#5 Arthur Wright & Sons 2019 Guardians Lambfoot in unique desert ironwood. Jack Black has worked very diligently with AW&S to make really high quality knives. This lambsfoot has some of the best action of any knife I've owned--a real gator snap and, despite a strong pull, very smooth action. It took awhile to break in, and the blade needed some significant profiling of the edge to get it keen and straight, but I've put in all of that labor so you don't have to :)-D)!. The blade is very keen and I've sanded and polished the ironwood to a slightly higher grit than it came to really bring out the chatoyance in the sunshine. Used mostly for food prep (free patina!). If you buy this one, be careful: this stout lambsfoot may kick your other knives out of your pocket for good! Price PayPal G&S $120 SOLDfullsizeoutput_2ebd.jpeg
#6 Arthur Wright & Sons 2018 Ashley's Choice lambsfoot in stag. This is the perfect little pocket knife. Life the 2019 Guardian, it needed a lot of flushing out and reprofiling of the edge to get it perfect, but now it is just that--pure perfection. The pull on this one is much lighter than the 2019 Guardian, but it is super smooth and has great snap. Used mostly for food prep (free patina!). Price PayPal G&S $115 SOLD
fullsizeoutput_2ec0.jpeg

Due to upcoming travel for work and vacation, this sales thread will be closed Monday afternoon/evening. All payments must be made by that time in order to have the knives shipped out by Tuesday before I leave. Otherwise you won't be able to get your knife shipped until early July.

Please, no trade offers.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I’ll take #2 please.

Payment sent. Thank you!

Last edited:
#6 Ashley's Choice, PLEASE.
PM incoming
OG

#2, #4, and #6 are all sold.

Just #1 (the Lannier), #3 (the Lionsteel Bolus) , and #5 (AW&S Ironwood) left! I'll discount multiples if you're interested in any pairs. Offers are also welcome.

Back