Flashback disassembly for cleaning

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had ever taken apart a SOG Flashback for cleaning. I've had mine for about 3 years and she is pretty but needs a deep clean. Before I dive in I thought I would ask if there are any tricky spots to taking it apart. Thanks.

I’ve disassembled several flash models the small one, pretty sure it’s same lock mechanism. Only tricky part I remember was the spring that shoots upward the plunge lock was hard to keep in place while re assembly but wasn’t impossible. It’s been a while though, hope this helps!! Not much chat on sog forum these days lol

I've hardly used my Flashback since late 2013 and have been putting off adjusting the pivot until recently. It doesn't help when the D-style pivot just spins freely in the completely round pivot hole.:thumbsdown: Tons of thread locker in there too.

b7IqnsR.jpg

Once you unscrew the pivot, next step is to pry up and pull that dang stainless metal shell off the grip.:mad: Unscrew the polymer grips apart like any other knife, clean and reassemble.

XWzVjlq.jpg

Back