Flashlight that compliments a CRK Sebenza?

Frankopee

Gold Member
I have several good Streamlight and Surefire flashlights but... wondering where to start with a flashlight that embodies the characteristics and design ethos of a Cris Reeve knife?

For example:

1. Conservative, simple and proven design elements and choices of materials (washers instead of ball bearings for instance).

2. High build quality by a relatively small manufacturer, not a Benchmade size company.

3. Perhaps not the ultimate performance in any single category (run time, max brightness, pattern) but a high performance balance well suited to the majority of the tasks it will be used for ~

To be honest I'm looking for something that feels nicer in the hand and to play with than the perfectly functional lights I already have. But I'd like to shortcut the learning curve and jump to the CRK of flashlights? I know about the Candlepower forum (been registered for years) and the various one-man shops and DIY builds... but hesitant to wade into that pool because it's a lot like knives and guns.

Thanks

Last edited:
My favorite EDC light for the last few years has been the Ti EagleTac Clicky (I have a couple over 2 generations of the models). They are available in single CR123 or AA. I have both, but end up carrying the AA with a 14500 Li rechargeable battery: http://www.eagtac.com/html/d3atircnew/features/index.html
performance_hero.png

The tail button glows in the dark, and the head twists. Button changes modes, head twist offers to different mode cycles. Moonlight setting available but I have it set off.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I ended up with a McGizmo Mule with the 1911 high CRI emitter, HIVE driver, and 1x123 case. He's really nice to deal with, fast too. We'll see it in a few days.

I already have 4-5 Streamlight ProTac 500 lumen two CR123 and half dozen Polytacs that run on AAs, along with a few boxes of batteries for emergencies, in the cars, etc. but what attracts me to the McGizmo is the supposed quality of the light beam, along with durability and craftsmanship. In most cases I don't need the brightest.

A few years ago when I first got a high lumen flashlight I did an experiment on a country road. It was brighter and better than my car’s headlights.

Last edited:
Gonna love it if you appreciate craftsmanship. They are truly a work of art.
I have a Sapphire as i don't really need high output and prefer single mode lights. Just enough to see in the dark when I need to.
VTRkTSil.jpg

Thanks everyone.

I ended up with a McGizmo Mule with the 1911 high CRI emitter, HIVE driver, and 1x123 case. He's really nice to deal with, fast too. We'll see it in a few days.

I already have 4-5 Streamlight ProTac 500 lumen two CR123 and half dozen Polytacs that run on AAs, along with a few boxes of batteries for emergencies, in the cars, etc. but what attracts me to the McGizmo is the supposed quality of the light beam, along with durability and craftsmanship. In most cases I don't need the brightest.

A few years ago when I first got a high lumen flashlight I did an experiment on a country road. It was brighter and better than my car’s headlights.
You’re going to love that light!
I had a Haiku, Don’s work is impeccable.

I have two collections. The first collection of knives and the second collection I have with different lanterns. I am a hunter , and these two things have always spoiled them for the hunting , because they are very important. I have a knife that is very good and it cuts very well. It meets all of the above functions. It is convenient to hold it in your hand, and it is easy to cut, but you also have to be careful that it is dangerous. I only use it when something prey is near me, or I've shot it, but it didn't die from everything, and then I already use the knife. Here on amazon there is a knife and lantern shop , I leave a link, and you can look and find this knife https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Rechargeable-Illumination-Resistant-Accessories/dp/B078TB9TMK .

Last edited:
Back