Off Topic Flashlights and headlamps?

Sorry, I must have missed something I thought you were going to use it outdoors. It seems like a well made light, but its not a work light, its a purse light. I bought mine for my wife. However, it is your money. LOL
Whatever I end up with will be used as an outdoors light too, I just dont need a light saber. But if you dont think it is up to hard use, that is very helpful information to have. I'm kind of leaning back to my original thought of going with a zebralight.

Whatever I end up with will be used as an outdoors light too, I just dont need a light saber. But if you dont think it is up to hard use, that is very helpful information to have. I'm kind of leaning back to my original thought of going with a zebralight.

As you know you don't need to run the light in eye melt mode, but its really handy to be able to light things up sometimes. Who can't use more light when its really dark.

I don't have any experience with Zebralight (that is a small outfit), but I stand by my comments about battery configurations, charging vs. disposable batteries, durability, light output, etc. Look at run times, and any info you can find about build quality.

The Olight Baton that you are considering is the very definition of a light saber for its size.

I tried using a light made for handheld use on the brim of a hat. Its a good way to lose your light and your hat in the lake. The good news is that you will be able to watch your waterproof light as it goes to the bottom or down the river. LOL That may not happen, but you may find it a balancing act on your head, I did.

I once watched one of my handheld lights go to bottom of a shallow portion of Lake Shasta. Fortunately, it was only about 15', so I dove down and got it. LOL

I'm into quality, that's why I'm on the the Busse Forum, I appreciate quality, great engineering, and warranty. There are some very inexpensive lights lights like Wowtac and Anker, but those don't interest me, just like a Buck knife doesn't interest me. And for $50 for a Wowtac its a crap shoot. I'll spend $20 more and buy a proven Fenix PD35 v2 handheld which is a rock solid light.

I take my lights as seriously as I take my knives....and firearms.

Last edited:
I found budgetlightforum a few years ago and inadvertently fell down the rabbit hole.

The community developed BLF lights they've released over the years are pretty special. Just ordered the FW3A a few days ago and will be all over their lantern when it's released.

Older pic of some of my lights:

1jqkjc.jpg

I found budgetlightforum a few years ago and inadvertently fell down the rabbit hole.

The community developed BLF lights they've released over the years are pretty special. Just ordered the FW3A a few days ago and will be all over their lantern when it's released.

1jqkjc.jpg
It looks like it's not possible to order the FW3A but that light looks perfect! If you see anymore like it, please let me know

It looks like it's not possible to order the FW3A but that light looks perfect! If you see anymore like it, please let me know

Will do. After the group buy lights are all shipped I believe Lumintop will continue to produce it as a branded model. Might pick up another one myself depending on what emitter options they add down the line.

1jqkjc.jpg
It's funny how something like a flashlight can become a piece of your everyday carry, and once it does, you wonder how you ever lived without it. What really cemented it for me was a time when me and my family were crossing a city street (in a crosswalk) to go to a Christmas parade and I had to pull my light and flash a driver to get his attention because it was looking very much like we were going to get ran down. I do believe that flashlight possibly saved at least a couple of our lives or at very least, kept us from being seriously injured.

It's funny how something like a flashlight can become a piece of your everyday carry, and once it does, you wonder how you ever lived without it. What really cemented it for me was a time when me and my family were crossing a city street (in a crosswalk) to go to a Christmas parade and I had to pull my light and flash a driver to get his attention because it was looking very much like we were going to get ran down. I do believe that flashlight possibly saved at least a couple of our lives or at very least, kept us from being seriously injured.
It's hard to imagine that I was straining my eyes that bad before. I have very good vision but light makes a huge difference even on a sunny South Florida day, shadows can play hell with your eyes. A nice torch makes it all better. :):thumbsup:

What was the sale price on those olights today? They are sold out of inventory as of now. They are asking 139.00. Don’t see anything saying 30% off. Thanks.

What was the sale price on those olights today? They are sold out of inventory as of now. They are asking 139.00. Don’t see anything saying 30% off. Thanks.
It was 30% off of that so like $98. It was only for a few hours more when I bought last night.

I should have grabbed an extra or two but it slipped my mind

Hey Nate, you're absolutely right! I found BLF a little more than a year ago and it really is a great community, though I'm not there that much. For years all I used was one good Fenix light, which never failed, but there are definitely a lot of great options.

S106Q4Z.jpg

This is a Black Diamond headlamp I got from REI. It's 300 lumens and is dimmable in in all modes and takes AAA batteries. I use it every night for biking (usually on the green mode) and have had great battery life with it and it's lightweight unlike some other rigs. Cost me around $60 bucks but lesser versions (fewer modes) can be had for about $30 dollars.
P4DgHz6.jpg

Well, I finally pulled the trigger. Ended up going with the single AA powered Zebralight that I was originally looking at. Next step will be to get a solar rechargeable system set up to go with it.

Those are some great choices congrats! Can’t go wrong with those and your ASH2 by your side lol! You’ll be ready to go anywhere and do anything anytime day or night! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those are some great choices congrats! Can’t go wrong with those and your ASH2 by your side lol! You’ll be ready to go anywhere and do anything anytime day or night! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I got my new light in the mail yesterday. I love that little thing. It is amazing how much the light it throws looks like it is coming from an incandescent bulb. Also it is almost strange using a flashlight that doesn't have a defined hot spot and lights up such a wide area. The best way that I can describe it is that it is almost like having one of the big double element Coleman propane camp lanterns that fits in the palm of your hand.

Picked up my Olight Seeker from my UPS mailbox today and it is awesome! It's much bigger than a AA torch but it's pretty perfect for what it is

I've been using my light every day since I got it and I'm still getting all four flashes on the battery strength indicator. For the most part I only really use one of the low or medium settings. The second level moonlight setting is nice for walking through the house in the dark. Puts out about as much light as my cell phone screen and will squeeze over two months of burn time out of a single AA. Lol!

Back