flashlights

Here's my collection of emergency lighting devices. The yellow Coleman lantern will run about 120 hours on 3 AA batteries. The other two on top put out a lot more light, but only run 5 or 6 hours on 3 AAs. They have a small green LED that flashes every 5 seconds so that you can find it in the dark. Mostly, they just keep you from bumping into things and cursing the darkness.

I just bought the thingy on the bottom yesterday at AutoZone when I went there to buy wiper blades. It's their own brand. It has three settings. There is a single LED flashlight and two brightness levels for the multi-LEDS. I tried it at night and it puts out very usable light. It's much brighter than the other three. At the max setting it is supposed to run for 6 hours on 3 AAA batteries. It seems to be well made. It was $12.99.

I also have several Surefire G2s and a G2x stashed around the house.

We usually have at least one prolonged power outage during monsoon season.

IMG_1981.jpg

[video=youtube;8SzojmSfn-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SzojmSfn-4[/video]

My current EDC light is a ThruNite TN12 (2016, XP-L, NW), which is surprisingly pocketable. I attached a paracord fob with a Hinderer South Sister bead to make it easier to fish out of my pocket.

KZI36ST.jpg

(Also pictured, my current EDC knife, an Emerson Mini CQC-7BW.)

An updated Malkoff family pic. The only thing missing is a Surefire 6P with an M61N, that is mounted on my AR.

From left to right:

MDC 1AA 219B V2, MDC HA 1AA, MDC neutral XP-L 16650, MDC 16650 body with an M61N in a VME head, MD2 with an M361N and a high/low ring, Surefire 6P with an M61LL 219B V2, and a Surefire 6P with an M61NL.

20160911_132400_zpsze8jcce6.jpg

I do have another M61NL on the way that I will install in a VME head and use on the MDC HA 1AA body, with a 14500 battery. I don't care for the cool white tint on that one, so I figured I'll at least try to get some use out of the body.

An updated Malkoff family pic. The only thing missing is a Surefire 6P with an M61N, that is mounted on my AR.

From left to right:

MDC 1AA 219B V2, MDC HA 1AA, MDC neutral XP-L 16650, MDC 16650 body with an M61N in a VME head, MD2 with an M361N and a high/low ring, Surefire 6P with an M61LL 219B V2, and a Surefire 6P with an M61NL.

20160911_132400_zpsze8jcce6.jpg

I do have another M61NL on the way that I will install in a VME head and use on the MDC HA 1AA body, with a 14500 battery. I don't care for the cool white tint on that one, so I figured I'll at least try to get some use out of the body.

That is a nice collection of Malkoff's!!

I just received a Malkoff Wildcat V6 MD3, cool white. I also have an MDC SHO & a MDC HA TAC 1CR123. I LOVE my Malkoff's!!

Back