flashlights

I have a few Foursevens products, most of them smaller and suitable for carry. Any of them designed for two cr123s I have switched to 17670. I've read some horror stories about chaining lithium batteries. Lot's of light and good runtime in the lower settings across the board.

Last edited:
Suppose that two flashlight beams are shone on a white screen, one through a pane of blue glass and the other through a pane of yellow glass. What color appears on the screen where the two beams overlap? Suppose, instead, that the two panes of glass are placed in the beam of a single flashlight. What then?

Green

I have a Thrunite TN32 which i finally decided on after 4 months of mind boggling reading on flashlight forums. A degree in electrical engineering might of helped ? But i'm glad i did because i've owned this lite for a year now and it performs reliably.
It throws a focused beam 500 yards to the lower edge of my field and i can see what's there in a black night.
The batteries (18650 KeepPower 3400mAh) and charger (Nitecore Intellicharge i4) are just as important as the flashlight. So far the original batteries still recharge to give close to original brightness and run time.
The sales of high tech flashlights & gear is a huge jungle of false claims & fly by night rip-off dealers, with the occasional honest dealer. Without the flashlight forums i never could have found the quality or type of flashlight that i needed.
Flashlight, charger, batteries, cost me about $200 and living alone on a large isolated property with no one else nearby, it is well worth it.
kj

Jetbeam ba10 ,glass lens,1aa,momentary on,very durable-28.00. Totally love this light

Also, I just saw that Foursevens has they redesigned Preons available for pre-order...

The hunt starts up again indeed!

Very tempting thread topic. I can feel the flashlight hunt starting up again.

The Ti and Copper Olight S1 models are definitely worth a look! :thumbup: ;) All 4 models are listed on their homepage.

zjjeyg.jpg

15n3l2o.jpg

As a bicyclist, I'e been interested in adopting lighting technology as it comes out. Really impressed with current generation LEDs which have nice beam color, minimal hotspot, and amazing build quality for the price. I have Sunwayman, Fenix, Surefire and no-name flashlights and some nice bike lights (Lupine, Ibex). Plus, light, small LED headlights rock. Being able to recharge a lithium battery via micro USB is also something I appreciate. Easy to use in cars, and via a small 20W solar panel I have at the ready.

nice to see a fellow cyclist here. I've been using Lupine as my bike lighting system for over a decade. I mostly stick with them because I'm highly invested in their chargers and batteries.

I just recently got into nice flashlights. Earlier this year I bought a small Thrunite Ti and got hooked very quicly. I since bought several flashlights like Thrunite Penlight, Olight S1, Eagtac D25C clicky Ti, NiteCore MT10C, Surefire Titan Plus, etc... it's obsessive.

and now you have SpyderPhreak posting pics of the Ti Olight S1?? really? I so want one of those now. :)

Here is a Foursevens Maelstrom MMX on a Remington 870. It is the only modification on the firearm if we don't count the walnut stocks. The battery compartment is designed to stabilize the lithium battery and resist motion-induced impact within the light.

bAaR10H.jpg

Spent a fair amount of time twisting last night. It's pretty solid! Great, useful modes. The threads were a little too loose, and even with a half twist to turn it off it would still turn on if I pressed down on the head. I wrapped the threads in 3 layers of plumbers tape and it's much tighter.

I did the lanyard myself. That's a schmuckatelli bead that pushed me over into free shipping [emoji3].

I can take some beam shots tonight. Can't wait to keep carrying and using and to develop a patina!

Spent a fair amount of time twisting last night. It's pretty solid! Great, useful modes. The threads were a little too loose, and even with a half twist to turn it off it would still turn on if I pressed down on the head. I wrapped the threads in 3 layers of plumbers tape and it's much tighter.

I did the lanyard myself. That's a schmuckatelli bead that pushed me over into free shipping [emoji3].

I can take some beam shots tonight. Can't wait to keep carrying and using and to develop a patina!
be careful when you pocket it, I learned to twist it off a little extra as it would sometimes compress enough in my pocket and turn on. I was wondering why my leg was so hot!!!

With threads 'loose' like described above is not a good sign. The treading on my ThruNite reminds me of old BMW motorcycle bolts, very fine, tight threading. Until i got this ThruNite i did not know that it was possible to get perfect milling in a flashlight.
The loose 'twist-on' feature will drain your battery resulting in no light when you need it.
I'm not wanting to bum you out, just it seems like a serious issue that should not be there, perhaps similar to blade play in a knife. Well, more serious actually.
kj

Yeah I'm with you, it's definitely disappointing. Honestly though, the plumbers tape has worked wonders. I use it on knife pivots sometimes too. It allowed me to adjust it to just the right tension. Not seeing any problems now!

I'm convinced the only way to select the right flashlight for your needs and to find out which are well made is to spend time reading on the flashlight forums. I found it difficult reading often hard for me to understand as i lack even basic electrical knowledge, but by about 4-6 months i began to understand. There are thousands of flashlights to choose from all backed up by false exaggerated claims. The technology does improve literally every month. You need to be a very serious flashlight geek to keep up.
So: read the flashlight forums, figure what type of light you need and follow their recommendations re purchasing. If you go it on your own you will be eaten by 10 sharks in a row and have 10 so-so, or worse, flashlights.
kj

I will be honest, it's taken me about 10 different lights or so to find out what I prefer as far as size, tint, UI, and battery type and what holds value to me. Kind of like how I went through a whole bunch of knives to find out what I really like.

Ok gentlemen, quick question.

My wife and I have to carry a medical bag 24/7 for my daughter's condition. I am looking for a head lamp and handheld for it. I have a rev 3 and pd11 but carry those as edc. I'd like to have something that stays in the bag until needed.

I'd like it to have rechargable batteries with a car kit charger. Long life is more important than lumens.

Any suggestions on the hand held? Im considering the pd35 package kit at Fenix.

Thanks

KBA you might get an answer here but if you post in a flashlight forum you will get multiple replies and ensuing discussion. For any light/batteries/charger you get there will be trade-offs. There is no single right answer to your questions.
Similarly if you asked "what knife should i buy" in a flashlight forum you likely will get an answer, but nothing like the in depth knowledgeable replies you would get here in BF.
Check out "Candle Power Forums" as a start. There are other forums as well.
kj

Back