flashlights

Ok gentlemen, quick question.

My wife and I have to carry a medical bag 24/7 for my daughter's condition. I am looking for a head lamp and handheld for it. I have a rev 3 and pd11 but carry those as edc. I'd like to have something that stays in the bag until needed.

I'd like it to have rechargable batteries with a car kit charger. Long life is more important than lumens.

Any suggestions on the hand held? Im considering the pd35 package kit at Fenix.

Thanks

Petzl offer some headlamps with a USB rechargeable lithium battery pack. I have the Tikka RXP which is very bright, but its multi mode with a low setting and a red LED for night vision. It also claims you can reprogram the light settings via USB, but I havent tried that

Being USB rechargeable you can charge it from a standard micro-USB charger, such as a cellphone charger, or from a PC USB port. The battery pack is removable, so you can get a spare and also a battery carrier that takes 3xAAA if you wanted backup

Bladefixation2 - I appreciate that. I'll have to look into those later today.

Hey KBA,
Not sure if you're looking for two lights to be used simultaneously or not, but the Foursevens atom is a tiny light that you can also buy a head lamp attachment for. It's a handheld and a headlamp. Different models take different types of batteries, but I'm sure you could find a battery charger that works in a car!

Hey KBA,
Not sure if you're looking for two lights to be used simultaneously or not, but the Foursevens atom is a tiny light that you can also buy a head lamp attachment for. It's a handheld and a headlamp. Different models take different types of batteries, but I'm sure you could find a battery charger that works in a car!

I think Im actually going to find a car charger for AA so I will certainly look into this one as well. My wife carries the bag when I am at work. (She is a stay at home mom due to my daughter's condition) So, will be the one carrying most of the time. I figured 2 one would good as I tend to have the mentality of 2 is 1.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. Im also considering the Fenix LD12 considering it's somewhat waterproof and has an sos feature.

Good grief. I want to put on my car for tailgaters :D Or, better yet, find a rave make a few think the mother ship has finally come.

I think Im actually going to find a car charger for AA so I will certainly look into this one as well. My wife carries the bag when I am at work. (She is a stay at home mom due to my daughter's condition) So, will be the one carrying most of the time. I figured 2 one would good as I tend to have the mentality of 2 is 1.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. Im also considering the Fenix LD12 considering it's somewhat waterproof and has an sos feature.

You might want to look at this one, same specs as the PD35 but USB rechargeable so a cell phone charger could charge it in the car, or you can get some spare 18650s or it will run on 2 x cr123A's

Hey Ruth, which one are you referring to? Thanks for the suggestion.

I just grabbed a Nitecore MH2A off the exchange. It's pretty sweet. USB rechargeable with the included battery, but can also run on two AA batteries (at a lower lumen brightness of course), and puts out a pretty respectable 600 lumens on the included rechargeable battery. It's definitely too long for pocket carry, but is a great car flashlight or for in a backpack. The longer light feels good in the hand as well and really makes you feel like you're holding a flashlight without being huge like a Maglite.

I'm totally in love with my 123A McGizmo lights. Started out with a Haiku, then bought a Mule, then a Sundrop. It's kind of a sickness. Aside from the 123A LensLight KO on my nightstand and the AAA Matarac on my keychain, my other dozen or so flashlights are scattered about the house and are pretty lonely.

I just got in on the pre order for these

Im asking for a Karascustoms Copper Bolt pen for Christmas. Ive got a Thrunight T10t that I carry with my sebenza. I like the theme stuff. The Thrunight failed after about 9 months, but they are sending me a new one

I just got in on the pre order for these

Im asking for a Karascustoms Copper Bolt pen for Christmas. Ive got a Thrunight T10t that I carry with my sebenza. I like the theme stuff. The Thrunight failed after about 9 months, but they are sending me a new one
That looks awesome! Do you know what the runtime difference between the S1 and S2 is? I think the S1 is a cr123 light and the S2 is 2 x cr123 or an 18650?

That looks awesome! Do you know what the runtime difference between the S1 and S2 is? I think the S1 is a cr123 light and the S2 is 2 x cr123 or an 18650?

Yeah I just pre ordered an exclusive version of this light with raw copper but a stainless steel bezel (seen on the left in the photo):
93ec179923154639dc8d690e0f75b7ee.jpg

From what I understand, the runtime for the 500 lumens is about 4 minutes, afterwards it slowly drops down to 300 lumens for 90 minutes. It also has an 80, 5 and .5 lumen setting.

I'm so ridiculously excited for this to ship out. Looks like a great light! That's a serious amount of lumens AND runtime for something 2.75 inches long.

Also, I could be wrong, but I believe the s2 can take either 2 c123s or one 18650.

Yeah I just pre ordered an exclusive version of this light with raw copper but a stainless steel bezel (seen on the left in the photo):
93ec179923154639dc8d690e0f75b7ee.jpg

From what I understand, the runtime for the 500 lumens is about 4 minutes, afterwards it slowly drops down to 300 lumens for 90 minutes. It also has an 80, 5 and .5 lumen setting.

I'm so ridiculously excited for this to ship out. Looks like a great light! That's a serious amount of lumens AND runtime for something 2.75 inches long.

Raw copper is going to look killer with the way it patinas! As nice as shiny new copper is, once it darkens up I think it adds character that is better than the shine! I am getting really tempted by these little lights. I will have to give my wife all these ideas and see what she gets me for Christmas. Then go buy what I didn't get after Christmas. :victorious:

Raw copper is going to look killer with the way it patinas! As nice as shiny new copper is, once it darkens up I think it adds character that is better than the shine! I am getting really tempted by these little lights. I will have to give my wife all these ideas and see what she gets me for Christmas. Then go buy what I didn't get after Christmas. :victorious:

Yeah I had to just go ahead and treat myself :eek:. you can find killer deals on these right now!

Yeah I had to just go ahead and treat myself :eek:. you can find killer deals on these right now!

I'm hoping they start shipping out soon. I know I wont be in the first shipment, but hopefully the following week? I was actually just going to settle for the regular S1 since my Thrunight t10t is hopefully in the mail to me. My wife said to stick with this one since all I've been talking about is the copper thing I've got going. I'm not sure what the runtimes are but it's also got a real low setting that's perfect for a nightlight when I need to find my way into the kitchen in the middle of the night. I've been wanting a copper edc kit for a while. I've got a G shock (my first) with cool copper trim coming and my wife is getting me a karaskustoms.com copper bolt. Now I just need to get a DLC coated paramilitary with the copper scales and I'm there!

I'm hoping they start shipping out soon. I know I wont be in the first shipment, but hopefully the following week? I was actually just going to settle for the regular S1 since my Thrunight t10t is hopefully in the mail to me. My wife said to stick with this one since all I've been talking about is the copper thing I've got going. I'm not sure what the runtimes are but it's also got a real low setting that's perfect for a nightlight when I need to find my way into the kitchen in the middle of the night. I've been wanting a copper edc kit for a while. I've got a G shock (my first) with cool copper trim coming and my wife is getting me a karaskustoms.com copper bolt. Now I just need to get a DLC coated paramilitary with the copper scales and I'm there!

I hear you! I was really tempted today to change my order to the normal S1 and use the extra cash for some more cr123s, but I think I'm gonna stick with the copper.

Also, just FYI, here are the runtimes:

High: 500 lumens for 1.5 minutes, then a slow step down to 300 lumens for 90 minutes
Medium: 80 lumens for 6 hours
Low: 8 lumens for 40 hours
Moonlight: .5 lumens for 25 days

That's all with a cr123 battery. It'll take a rcr123 too but the runtimes are considerably less.

When did you pre-order? I really have no idea what batch I got in on or when it'll get shipped out.

Back