Flat bed on your cylinder arms.

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
I have a flat bed adapter and flatbed for my Cobra 4 that came with the Cobra 4 package I bought.

It seems like I remember Paul using a flatbed adapter on his Artisan for a time - but I don't remember.

Do any of you use this flat bed adapter to sew sheaths with - or would you recommend I simply use my 18 for flat bed uses?

Jason

I use my cylinder arm machine for sheaths, holsters, rifle scabebards martingales etc. Anything I sew with 207 or larger. Everything else I sew with the flatbed Cobra 18: belts, inlays, linings, chinks, chaps, charmitas, armitas and various other leggings, wallets anything with 138 size thread.

I took my flatbed off my Artisan. I had to be careful of the angle I held a sheath due to stitch location on the backside. It would walk off course but the front was a straightline. I have gotten used to it now.

I had a custom made flat bed rig made for my Artisan before Jerry developed the flat bed attachment. It will also work on the Cobra 4.
Really handy for sewing wools on saddle skirts, and sewing brand plaque corners on saddle blankets or anything else big and cumbersome that would dip and sag and took two hands (or three).......BUT for the last ten or so years it's been gathering dust in the garage. My needs and use now are just the same as Dave's. My Cobra 18 handles all my flat bed needs.

Paul

Last edited:
Back